• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

If I had the money...

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Mercedes significantly updated their AMG-GT for 2024 which previously was a rear wheel drive 2 seater, and now lengthened 7 inches as a coupe with 2 rear seats and AWD. The 55 is projected to cost anywhere from 125k to 150k and the 63 about 40k more. Not that a car that is at least 2x to 3x the price is technically competition for a Mustang, but it is a 2+2 seat v8 coupe with 469 to 577 HP.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a44794007/2024-mercedes-amg-gt-coupe-revealed/

S650 Mustang If I had the money... 1693096216251
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I say the same thing lol if only I had the cash. But im too broke for that with my current job

Basitbulusi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Oh, the updated Mercedes AMG-GT sounds like an absolute beast on wheels! The addition of rear seats and AWD is a game-changer for those who want both performance and a bit more practicality. Now, talking about the price, yeah, it's definitely on the higher end, but hey, you can't put a price on the thrill of driving a V8 coupe with that much horsepower. If you're ever daydreaming about owning one of those but need to find a way to fund it, you might want to check out money making games. They can be a fun way to hustle a bit and inch closer to that dream car.

Last edited:

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Never liked em. Just like porches, all look ugly to me
Same. I'm a sucker for American muscle and design. Never saw the attraction to European cars, but everyone has their kryptonite. Mine just happens to wear a blue oval.

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
I think this looks better than the outgoing GT due to the more aesthetically pleasing dash to axle ratio. But in everything but 0-60 it will be a worse performer: heavier, worse weight distribution, and bigger.

I think Mercedes cheaped out by not tweaking this chassis to have a longer dash to axle ratio than the new AMG SL, and not pushing the engine further back in the chassis, and thus it’s not a true front mid engine like the outgoing model. Also, they should have updated the engines. How hard is it to get more power out of a twin turbo V8?

I’d go 911 Turbo S over AMG GT63 for sure.

Velvet Fog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Supercab
The complexity of Mercedes is huge negative. They are slowly sliding down the quality ratings due to tons of little things that are always breaking or malfunctioning. Add to that the ridiculous maintenance schedule, extortionate service pricing and dealership service experience and I'm never going back to the 3 pointed star.
I considered a 2024AMG SL55 but the lack of dealers near me and the dealership experience killed it for me.
German engineering - using 5 parts and sensors when 2 will do.
Sponsored