• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I miss my MT-82 that was in my 2019 ecoboost!!!

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I’ve heard the stories about how terrible the MT-82 was in the S550. I had a 2019 ecoboost with the MT-82, and I never had an issue with lockout or gears being rough. And I ran it hard at points just for the thrill of the wind with the top down. Fast forward to my S650 GT…. Going into second gear under any high RPM (over 5000) the transmission isn’t smooth at all. It almost feels like it gets caught up on the edge of the slot for the 2nd gear.
Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Well i don’t have that problem. My MT-82 feels better than my 16 Mustang GT PP did. But i didn’t have issues other than when it was cold being notch’s and it was noisy.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Does this also occur when Rev Match is active?

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does this also occur when Rev Match is active?
It’s nota rev Match issue as I’m not downshifting. It feels mechanical like there are metal Spurs that I get caught on when shifting into second. It’s not smooth. It sticks on something

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
It’s nota rev Match issue as I’m not downshifting. It feels mechanical like there are metal Spurs that I get caught on when shifting into second. It’s not smooth. It sticks on something
Does rev matching cause a delay with overly aggressive up shifts or is it polite enough to get out of the way if you are quicker?

I have noticed when rev matching is enabled you can simply tap a gate to goose the throttle. Coast along in neutral and just lazy tap a gate but don’t go fully into gear and return to neutral, rev match should have tapped the throttle and revved the engine.

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not if your rpm’s are higher than they need to be to go into the next gear. No need for flutter the throttle for me when going into second at 5500 rpm. Because in 2nd it should immediately drop to around 3500

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Not if your rpm’s are higher than they need to be to go into the next gear. No need for flutter the throttle for me when going into second at 5500 rpm. Because in 2nd it should immediately drop to around 3500
While I agree point was do we know for sure there isn’t a delay? I seem to want to say they mention something about it in the manual as well. If willing a quick test with rev matching disabled should be able quickly answer the question.

a secondary follow up would be temps. Are you jumping on it it right away fresh with the morning dew or [typo was are] has she had enough time to get warmed up?

Edit: fudge! I can’t find it mentioned in the pdf version of the owners manual. It simply says you can turn it on or off. If I find what I thought I read I’ll tap the thread.
Sponsored

Last edited: