• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How long till i get my VIN

Dylan6cody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
???
I ordered July 15th and have still not gotten my VIN? Is this normal?
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Most buyers receive their VIN once the car has been scheduled for production.

After Ford receives an order and before the car is scheduled for production, Ford is gathering parts, scheduling assembly lines and workers for build dates.

Once the car is scheduled for production, Ford is committed to the build and then cuts a VIN.

July 15th was only a few weeks ago. It's not uncommon, especially this Model Year (MY), to wait a bit.

Constraints. There are a few constraints on builds, with supporting threads here explaining what options are currently holding up those orders.

Scheduling. Ford does not build Mustangs every day and the schedule will vary from month to month. While your order is in the system, Ford needs to select it and dovetail it into scheduling with other builds. Seeing as how you had a July order and we just entered August, it's probably too soon. There are other threads which list upcoming build dates.

This MY. With everything Ford has going on, and with an extended MY (through late Calendar Year 2024), it could be a bit. Can't say how long the wait will be. In the mean time, Ford will re-acknowledge your order once every 45 days or so, saying, "Yes, we have the order. The car has not been scheduled yet."

Last edited:

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Here this will give you some hope! I ordered 3-28 & still no build & no VIN! :yawn:

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Mine took over a month. I orig had the NP option and dropped it as it was a big constraint. Soon as I did, my order got picked up.

tenstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Most buyers receive their VIN once the car has been scheduled for production.

After Ford receives an order and before the car is scheduled for production, Ford is gathering parts, scheduling assembly lines and workers for build dates.

Once the car is scheduled for production, Ford is committed to the build and then cuts a VIN.

July 15th was only a few weeks ago. It's not uncommon, especially this Model Year (MY), to wait a bit.

Constraints. There are a few constraints on builds, with supporting threads here explaining what options are currently holding up those orders.

Scheduling. Ford does not build Mustangs every day and the schedule will vary from month to month. While your order is in the system, Ford needs to select it and dovetail it into scheduling with other builds. Seeing as how you had a July order and we just entered August, it's probably too soon. There are other threads which list upcoming build dates.

This MY. With everything Ford has going on, and with an extended MY (through late Calendar Year 2024), it could be a bit. Can't say how long the wait will be. In the mean time, Ford will re-acknowledge your order once every 45 days or so, saying, "Yes, we have the order. The car has not been scheduled yet."
You sound very well versed with the ordering process, my order went from ā€œitā€™s been processedā€ to ā€œunscheduled -cleanā€ last week. I have no idea if that a good sign or if Iā€™m still gonna be waiting a while. Personally donā€™t mind the wait, but Iā€™d be lying if I said I wasnā€™t curious.

gpellis87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F150 Raptor, '22 X5
Mine took 2 days after order in July. Honestly, nobody here knows. It will depend on the build items you pick, the parts on hand, and your dealer's available allocations. You could get a build scheduled almost immediately - or it could take months upon months.

Just look at Bronco ordering for an idea, except the volume is considerably higher. I ordered a Bronco FE when they were first announced, took quite a while to get a VIN and a build date. Then, even when I did, my Bronco got built in July and was not delivered for 3+ months due to a QC issue with the roof, requiring a replacement, so the FEs just sat in a lot waiting to be replaced, meanwhile non FEs were consistently getting delivered (especially soft tops).

Some guys here post the commodity constraints, which can be helpful, but the other best measure will be how many allocations your dealer is expected to receive for MY24 and how many have already been scheduled/built. If they've only got 10 and they've already had 10 orders scheduled, then it will very likely be an extremely long wait unless they run out of orders they can fullfil for dealers with allocations.

ToyPonyForTony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Grabber Blue GT on order, 21 Jeep Gladiator
Im surprised my order was scheduled early due to the constraints i read about. I think the space gray seats are the reason. Grabber Blue with Nite Pony. Ordered 5/8, scheduled week of 8/11. Tracker shows in production. Thankful i am scheduled, but confused about how they choose orders.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
...my order went from ā€œitā€™s been processedā€ to ā€œunscheduled -cleanā€ last week. I have no idea if that a good sign or if Iā€™m still gonna be waiting a while.
It's a little of both.

Yes, it's a good sign. They've run the order through Ford's systems; it is an achievable configuration they can build. No errors. :crackup:

But now, you're waiting to be scheduled. :headbang:

tenstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
It's a little of both.

Yes, it's a good sign. They've run the order through Ford's systems; it is an achievable configuration they can build. No errors. :crackup:

But now, you're waiting to be scheduled. :headbang:
A win is a win, Iā€™ll take it. One step closer. Thank you so much for your insight!

Mocansat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Ordered mine on 7/9. GT Premium coupe with performance package and active valve exhaust. Got the confirmation email within a few hours and has been crickets since.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
So, we will see what happens here. VERY POOR experience with Ford when I ordered a 2022 F-150. After waiting 7 months found one with what I had ordered 150 miles away from me. Went up and purchased that one. My biggest complaint was how poorly Ford responded. All I would ever get was talk to your dealer. The only thing they knew was what constraint was holding me up. At 6 months I wrote Farley, Ford, VP of customer satisfaction, VP of North American production. Letter was written to Farley, with a cc to the others, so they all knew who received the letter. Took a month to get a response from a low level customer rep telling me to talk to my dealer. Really soured me on Ford. The ONLY reason Iā€™m putting myself through this again is I love Mustangs. this will be my 9th Mustang, and we may be seeing the end of the line with this generation.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I had made an order from a dealer on 7/31 and I had asked my dealer to check for the VIN on 8/20 and the next day, he messaged me with a VIN! I wasnā€™t in a hurry with the VIN! Hope the UAW doesnā€™t go on strike anytime soon so my build should not be interfered! Fingers crossed on the positive sign!
Sponsored