• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

How long for alignment after spring install?

Edson8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
Hello all, I wanted to clarify how long I need to wait to get an alignment on my 24 GT? I recently got the Steeda progressive springs installed and have driven it a bit already.
Sponsored

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
next/same day. I mean you could go a week or longer I guess. Definitely should stay under 100 miles. You did all the other IRS alignment and reinforcement bracing while you were in there, right?

OP
OP
Edson8r

Edson8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
next/same day. I mean you could go a week or longer I guess. Definitely should stay under 100 miles. You did all the other IRS alignment and reinforcement bracing while you were in there, right?
I honestly don’t think so. I tried doing my research beforehand. What happens if you don’t get the IRS alignment and reinforcement bracing? It’s the first time I’ve ever lowered any of my cars.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
nothing 'bad'. It's just that your car comes in two pieces with a hinge between them from factory.
Just like Harley Davidson "frames".

The alignment dowels locate the IRS frame so it'll go back to the same place every time you undo the bolts. The Steeda bracing is very easy to install and can be done independently of the bushing isolators. But the best one-stop solution is the BMR CB005.

OP
OP
Edson8r

Edson8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
nothing 'bad'. It's just that your car comes in two pieces with a hinge between them from factory.
Just like Harley Davidson "frames".

The alignment dowels locate the IRS frame so it'll go back to the same place every time you undo the bolts. The Steeda bracing is very easy to install and can be done independently of the bushing isolators. But the best one-stop solution is the BMR CB005.
Ah okay that makes sense! I did see something about that. Is it best to get that before the alignment or would it still be fine if I added it after?

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Ah okay that makes sense! I did see something about that. Is it best to get that before the alignment or would it still be fine if I added it after?
your alignment (rear) will be useless and will need redoing after the parts install.

Not to make your shopping list longer but I HIGHLY recommend getting a pair of rear camber adjusters from Moog (https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=11173197) or J&M (
https://www.americanmuscle.com/jm-mustang-rear-camber-arm-adjustment-kit-215005.html)

It's not clear to me what is different between those 2 offerings aside from price.

OP
OP
Edson8r

Edson8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
your alignment (rear) will be useless and will need redoing after the parts install.

Not to make your shopping list longer but I HIGHLY recommend getting a pair of rear camber adjusters from Moog (https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=11173197) or J&M (
https://www.americanmuscle.com/jm-mustang-rear-camber-arm-adjustment-kit-215005.html)

It's not clear to me what is different between those 2 offerings aside from price.
sweet appreciate it man! I’ll have to get it done before the alignment. Want to get it done right the first time and have no issues later on.

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
Do it as soon as possible.

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
I usually go for a little while...could be a couple hundred miles.. after lowering so that I can verify that there aren't any added noises or issues that require me to disassemble the suspension again. This is with a simple and modest (non-adjustable) lowering. Once I determine its good, I then get it aligned. If going with an adjustable strut/shock set or coil overs, then I will align right away due to the adjustability and amount of hardware replaced.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Within a week for me. To be honest it wasn't that far off. I naturally got a little more camber but it totally fell in line of the recommended -1.5 front and -1.9 rear. Toe was off a tad.

OP
OP
Edson8r

Edson8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
Within a week for me. To be honest it wasn't that far off. I naturally got a little more camber but it totally fell in line of the recommended -1.5 front and -1.9 rear. Toe was off a tad.
what did you do to yours besides the springs?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1