• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Has anyone tried installing the Dark Horse performance pack splitter on a regular GT/Eco?

dirtgnome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I've noticed the regular Dark Horse splitter (not the performance pack splitter) is the exact same as the GT performance pack splitter. So I figured the Dark Horse PP splitter would fit on the regular GT as well. I kinda doubt Ford would put all this effort to make these parts not fit each other, but that's speculation. I'm almost considering buying the OEM DH PP splitter and trying it on my GT and just selling it if it doesn't fit, but wanted to see if anyone else has already tried it before I order.
Sponsored

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
i believe @roket had mentioned on another thread that the DH splitter has different mounting holes then the GT PP splitter so i don't know if they are compatible.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i believe @roket had mentioned on another thread that the DH splitter has different mounting holes then the GT PP splitter so i don't know if they are compatible.
correct, the mounting is different, mainly due to how the GTPP comes to the dealer attached, where the DH does not

edit: i looked at Ford's diagrams again, and i may have actually been wrong this whole time. it looks like you just might be able to put a DH splitter on a GT/EB

Last edited:

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
correct, the mounting is different, mainly due to how the GTPP comes to the dealer attached, where the DH does not

edit: i looked at Ford's diagrams again, and i may have actually been wrong this whole time. it looks like you just might be able to put a DH splitter on a GT/EB
What’s the dealer price on a DH splitter? I’ve not reached out to ford about the carrier damage yet like we chatted about yesterday but I like the look of the DH splitter a little more than the PP or rtr splitter, may consider it for my replacement.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
i originally thought they would not work, but see my latest post in this thread, it could be possible. Ford's confusing diagrams strike again!

What’s the dealer price on a DH splitter? I’ve not reached out to ford about the carrier damage yet like we chatted about yesterday but I like the look of the DH splitter a little more than the PP or rtr splitter, may consider it for my replacement.
PR3Z-17626-AA is the part for the DH HP splitter, it costs $807.77 retail, $484.66 dealer cost. if you go for this one, you might need PR3Z-17C897-A, which is a bracket that looks like some parts of the splitter mount to. the bracket is $334.40 retail, $200.64 dealer cost.
PR3Z-17D957-BA is the part number for the DH Non-HP splitter, it costs $317.58 retail, $190.55 dealer cost.
it's worth noting that only some dealer sell the parts for retail, most have a markup depending on the price of the part

Last edited:

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
A few on Facebook tried and the DH HP splitter was not compatible with their GT. They ended up reselling the splitter. The bumpers just aren't shaped the same and the mount points don't fully line up, I'm pretty sure was the finding.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PR3Z-17626-AA is the part for the DH HP splitter, it costs $807.77 retail, $484.66 dealer cost. if you go for this one, you might need PR3Z-17C897-A, which is a bracket that looks like some parts of the splitter mount to. the bracket is $334.40 retail, $200.64 dealer cost.
PR3Z-17D957-BA is the part number for the DH Non-HP splitter, it costs $317.58 retail, $190.55 dealer cost.
it's worth noting that only some dealer sell the parts for retail, most have a markup depending on the price of the part
The second part is not needed for Dark Horse non HP wanting to add the HP splitter, correct?

Also, do you know of any dealers that will sell this to me at cost? 😅

Oh and can you provide the same part numbers and cost breakdown for the HP spoiler+gurney?

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found the parts, need the base cost
PR3Z-6344210-EC
PR3Z-6344210-AB

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
The second part is not needed for Dark Horse non HP wanting to add the HP splitter, correct?

Also, do you know of any dealers that will sell this to me at cost? 😅

Oh and can you provide the same part numbers and cost breakdown for the HP spoiler+gurney?
thank you for making me check that bracket, turns out it's not needed at all; as all Mustangs have it. i do not know of any dealers that will sell parts at cost. i even work at a dealer and don't get cost pricing, my dealer gives employees cost+15%. here is a breakdown of the HP wing.

This will not work for the convertible, as it has a different way of mounting and can only have the spoiler delete or lip spoiler.
if you have the spoiler delete on a coupe, you will need PR3Z-17C897-A to install any wing or spoiler. it has no pricing as of now, but is paint to match.
PR3Z-6344210-EC is the main DH HP wing, it costs $4122.07 retail, $2473.24 dealer cost. it comes pre-painted as shadow black with dark tarnish end caps.
PR3Z-6344210-AB is the DH HP gurney flap, it costs $1169.43 retail, $701.66 dealer cost. it comes pre-painted as shadow black and includes the mounting hardware to attach it to the main wing

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thank you for making me check that bracket, turns out it's not needed at all; as all Mustangs have it. i do not know of any dealers that will sell parts at cost. i even work at a dealer and don't get cost pricing, my dealer gives employees cost+15%. here is a breakdown of the HP wing.

This will not work for the convertible, as it has a different way of mounting and can only have the spoiler delete or lip spoiler.
if you have the spoiler delete on a coupe, you will need PR3Z-17C897-A to install any wing or spoiler. it has no pricing as of now, but is paint to match.
PR3Z-6344210-EC is the main DH HP wing, it costs $4122.07 retail, $2473.24 dealer cost. it comes pre-painted as shadow black with dark tarnish end caps.
PR3Z-6344210-AB is the DH HP gurney flap, it costs $1169.43 retail, $701.66 dealer cost. it comes pre-painted as shadow black and includes the mounting hardware to attach it to the main wing
the pricing on OEM parts is absolutely bonkers, like imagine the money the companies make on these child parts for the cars, insane.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
the pricing on OEM parts is absolutely bonkers, like imagine the money the companies make on these child parts for the cars, insane.
yeah, the pricing is insanity

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah, the pricing is insanity
At Honda where i work, the average hatchback civic makes the plant $22k profit every 52 seconds, every 52 seconds a car rolls off of our line, we make 1,000+ cars a day, thats $22mil made in a single day, though we make the CRV as well, its blended in with the 1,000 a day, so my plant alone rakes in $20-$30 million in a DAY. Absolulety insane! can only imagine what the mustang makes in profit a day at flatrock.

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
The HP dark horse splitter doesn’t fit the GT I’ve already tried it. Everything sorta lines up except the ends on the bumper and the mounting on the DH splitter is more shallow so you can’t push the splitter all the way on.

Race Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse - non HP
I have the non HP DH, and was wanting to order the HP splitter (PR3Z-17626-AA .. I believe that's the right part #), does anyone know if that will work?

topdawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Dark Horse Mustang, 2024 Ram 2500 CTD Mega Cab
So for Dark Horse with non handling, do we need the entire front splitter kit and entire spoiler kit?
Sponsored