• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Had a GT on order…Ended up with a new Type R

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
My local dealer had 7 new mustangs in. They looked fantastic and the salesman walked the lot with me to show each car. Looked great in all colors. I really liked how the GT PP looked.
I was able to test drive a base GT, 6 spd with AVE. That stock exhaust in track mode is fantastic! I instantly fell in love with the engine and exhaust. Shifter feel was pretty good too.

Handling and steering feel were about what I expected. But easy upgrades, and not expecting much from the base model.

I was set on getting a Mustang GT, but unfortunately, after spending time and doing some more thinking I came to the realization that I really would like a 4 door car due to family commitments. I hope to own a Mustang someday in the future, they are some seriously fun machines.

I ended up with a new 23 Civic Type R. It’ll definitely suffice as a fun, practical drivers car. I lucked out and found an amazing deal on one. I’ll be missing out on RWD and that V8 for sure though!

Thanks to this forum for the wealth of information and great community! I’ll stay on here to see how the 650 develops.
Sponsored

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
Sounds like you did some homework and found what works best for you! Were you able to buy the Type R without a markup or huge dealer Add Ons? Post a couple pics, I bet its a blast to drive. One of my favorite driving cars was a Miata closely followed by a 2017 Si with the adaptive dampers.

OP
OP
FlyNavy86

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
Sounds like you did some homework and found what works best for you! Were you able to buy the Type R without a markup or huge dealer Add Ons? Post a couple pics, I bet its a blast to drive. One of my favorite driving cars was a Miata closely followed by a 2017 Si with the adaptive dampers.
I was able to get it for $4500 over MSRP. I honestly couldn’t believe the deal I got. (Dealers still asking for 10-20k markups) Total before tax was around 50.9, which was just slightly cheaper than my GT I spec’d (w/ X-Plan) Very happy with it so far. Handling is ridiculously sharp. Midrange power is stout, still breaking it in so haven’t done any pulls to redline.

S650 Mustang Had a GT on order…Ended up with a new Type R IMG_1374

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
Boost Blue is an amazing color, almost a Grabber Blue Metallic. Beautiful car. It would be nice if Honda actually produced enough to meet demand and did not allow dealers to shaft buyers because the demand is much greater than an artificial supply. Congratulations!

OP
OP
FlyNavy86

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
Boost Blue is nice, honestly I think Im partial to the grabber blue! It would be nice to see them next to each other.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Congrats....I have not had a chance to drive one yet but heard they are an absolute blast to drive.....definitely a drivers car based on what I have been told

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Nice! I have a 22 Civic Sport Touring as my daily driver. Bought it when they first started hitting dealers and before any of the crazy markups started. Still, had to buy it right off the truck. I can only imagine how fun the Type R is.

S650 Mustang Had a GT on order…Ended up with a new Type R IMG_7869.JPG

ElektroSmokes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT, 2016 Ecoboost, 2021 GT
I was able to get it for $4500 over MSRP. I honestly couldn’t believe the deal I got. (Dealers still asking for 10-20k markups) Total before tax was around 50.9, which was just slightly cheaper than my GT I spec’d (w/ X-Plan) Very happy with it so far. Handling is ridiculously sharp. Midrange power is stout, still breaking it in so haven’t done any pulls to redline.

IMG_1374.jpeg
Please, sir, can I have some more?

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Ouch on the markup. Nice car tho!
Would probably be driving a Type-R right now if the dealership honored their word on getting me an allocation at MSRP.

Honda dealerships are normally great, once gas prices skyrocket, they forget how to treat people and add markups to eveything. Went to a dealership for service, they had 3 Type-R's in the showroom with 15k markup. Scumbags.

OP
OP
FlyNavy86

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
Ouch on the markup. Nice car tho!
Would probably be driving a Type-R right now if the dealership honored their word on getting me an allocation at MSRP.

Honda dealerships are normally great, once gas prices skyrocket, they forget how to treat people and add markups to eveything. Went to a dealership for service, they had 3 Type-R's in the showroom with 15k markup. Scumbags.
I agree, the dealerships actually drove me away last year. I had just randomly stopped in to the local dealer and they offered a straight forward deal at a markup I was okay with. It really is a shame they are limiting production on these cars! I wish the purchase process could be more like the stang, even with the delays!

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I agree, the dealerships actually drove me away last year. I had just randomly stopped in to the local dealer and they offered a straight forward deal at a markup I was okay with. It really is a shame they are limiting production on these cars! I wish the purchase process could be more like the stang, even with the delays!
Im not even that sure there is that big of a shortage on the type-r's. Every dealership seems to have at least 1, they are just marking them up too much.

I sold my 2022 Si in august. It was fun to drive, but I was kind of bored of the the small displacement cars and having to redline to pick up speed.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red

IMG_1374.jpeg
Congratulations! I seriously considered the Type R when looking for a sporty car. I don’t need the four doors, but from everything I’ve heard they are a blast to drive. The two things that kept me from pulling the trigger were the crazy markups and the rear wing. The wing is just a little more flashy than I think I’d like long term. If you got it for $4,500 over MSRP, then you got a steal based on every one I’ve seen advertised. Congrats again, and enjoy the car!
Sponsored