• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canceled my order and Picked up a 2024 GT Convert today!

• Thread starter Deleted member 60890
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

Deleted member 60890

Yesterday canceled my 2024 Vapor blue GT convert order because its is being held at Flat Rock past two weeks in the sub zero temps. -7 at some points with snow and ice. I was concerned any impact to the car and second guessing the color and 20" wheels.

Today 01/17/24 I just picked up a 2024 GT Covert with Atlas Blue, 19" wheels and drove 4 hours round trip to pick it up today. The active exhaust is music to my ears. I feel I made a good choice as I love the car I got today.

The dealer offered to deliver it, and I said hell no I was going to drive it. It had 17 miles on it and was sitting in the show room floor. Even know it was mid ~50"s degrees but sunny, I drove with the top down on the freeway I-95 in Florida. I felt the heater and heated seat was not quite doing it for me, but I made all the way home with the top down. Seeing the posts and videos on paint and fit and finish Im glad to report everything looked good. I like the car very much and it drove smoothly and tracked well.

I do have a question. Does track mode exhaust give you poor gas milage vs. the other exhaust settings? I drove 75 to 80 miles per hour for over an hour and got 18.5 avg MPG. I guess to get 24 MPG you need to be doing 55??

Thanks, Mike
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Congrats on the ride!

I would find it hard to believe that different exhaust modes would interfere with your gas mileage. If anything, it's most likely due to the top being down. If I set my cruise to 55-60 MPH and leave the vehicle in 6th gear with 3.73 rears, I can get up to 22 MPG. Haven't driven much on the interstate to see what the mileage is at between 70-80 MPH.

rockman 2738

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Titanium
If the sun is shining. Mid-50s and up = top down, if necessary, heated seats and steering wheel on. Heater as required. Always.

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
Yesterday canceled my 2024 Vapor blue GT convert order because its is being held at Flat Rock past two weeks in the sub zero temps. -7 at some points with snow and ice. I was concerned any impact to the car and second guessing the color and 20" wheels.

Today 01/17/24 I just picked up a 2024 GT Covert with Atlas Blue, 19" wheels and drove 4 hours round trip to pick it up today. The active exhaust is music to my ears. I feel I made a good choice as I love the car I got today.

The dealer offered to deliver it, and I said hell no I was going to drive it. It had 17 miles on it and was sitting in the show room floor. Even know it was mid ~50"s degrees but sunny, I drove with the top down on the freeway I-95 in Florida. I felt the heater and heated seat was not quite doing it for me, but I made all the way home with the top down. Seeing the posts and videos on paint and fit and finish Im glad to report everything looked good. I like the car very much and it drove smoothly and tracked well.

I do have a question. Does track mode exhaust give you poor gas milage vs. the other exhaust settings? I drove 75 to 80 miles per hour for over an hour and got 18.5 avg MPG. I guess to get 24 MPG you need to be doing 55??

Thanks, Mike
Congrats man !
I mean, I’d take a car that sits in the cold over one that sits in a showroom where people play with it all day, but glad this combo makes you feel better than what you ordered.
And 100% sure the crap MPGs are coming from the top down >>> the exhaust mode :)

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 60890

Thanks Michael!

I bet you’re right on the top down reducing the MPG makes sense.

Of course every time I take it out I have the top down, and keep playing with the different drive modes.

Even though, I love my music blasting I actually turn the music down or off just so I can hear the exhaust tunes!

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
Thanks Michael!

I bet you’re right on the top down reducing the MPG makes sense.

Of course every time I take it out I have the top down, and keep playing with the different drive modes.

Even though, I love my music blasting I actually turn the music down or off just so I can hear the exhaust tunes!
Hahaha that’s the plan too when I get it ;)
Exhaust note > music, even though I listen to music 24/7 !

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
I posted pictures somewhere on this board. Maybe it was on a different thread but here the requested pictures.

IMG_8809.jpeg

IMG_8808.jpeg

IMG_8807.jpeg

IMG_8806.jpeg

IMG_8805.jpeg
How do you like those wheels? I thought about getting those when I ordered mine, but I opt'd out...because I knew I was buying new wheels anyway. I love this color by the way, congratulations!

OP
OP

Deleted member 60890

Thx. I Like the wheels very much, easy to clean. I’m thinking of painting the calipers, red or a red cover.

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT

Thanks, Mike
Yeah, I have my custom mode setup with the track exhaust, and when I drive it that is the only way I drive. I took a trip when I first got it, and I got 19mpg driving about an hour one way. Got just under 20 on the way home. I'd say nah, it does not hit your gas mileage. I also drove it in normal, and got the same numbers pretty much. If it's a V8, let it scream sir...let it scream.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I posted pictures somewhere on this board. Maybe it was on a different thread but here the requested pictures.

IMG_8807.jpeg
For the love of all things holy on this earth please remove that miserable dealer sticker. It gives me great pain that they would throw something that ugly on a brand new beautiful Mustang.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
For the love of all things holy on this earth please remove that miserable dealer sticker. It gives me great pain that they would throw something that ugly on a brand new beautiful Mustang.
Yea, I would concur. I kindly asked my salesman/dealer to kindly remove their logo off of the rear of my vehicle. It interferes with the symmetry (and my OCD) of the back end.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Yea, I would concur. I kindly asked my salesman/dealer to kindly remove their logo off of the rear of my vehicle. It interferes with the symmetry (and my OCD) of the back end.
And a two year old could have done a better job placing it. If you are going to put a dealer sticker on a car, at least put it on the deck lid, not the bumper. Get out the goo gone and rid yourself of that monstrosity.
Sponsored