• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT with or without performance pack?

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
Keep in mind, you don't get the rear wing on the convertible with PP

it is listed as "Spoiler Delete (Convertible Only)"
Sponsored

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
Hi
I am looking at various builds, i plan on a gt premium if not a dark horse… but i am thinking id really like a convertible so leaning towards gt premium.
Is the 5k for the performance pack worth it? I would NOT be tracking just using it as my daily driver. Is it worth the 5k for all the stuff it has? Id almost rather forgo the 5k and put that towards the convertible.
I would get the mag res shocks and i think you need the performance pack for them, but those are not needed, just a preference.
I want the active exhaust and that does not require the perf pack.

the extra gages, summer tires (which i hate) since they only last 15k. Miles, and being from maine, theres a lot of days lower than 40 degrees where id wish i had all season tires.
I had summer tires on my ecoboost, great tires, but not in the cold… and they dont last long…

Any good reasons why i NEED the perf pack or reasons NOT to get it?
Thanks for any suggestions…
I personally decided to forgo the Performance Pack, because I will never use it. $5000 for a hand brake, chassis tuning, and other little things. I know that I will never take my $50,000 baby out onto the track in fear of rolling it over. I also know that, as of now, I don't intend to sell off my Mustang when the next gen rolls around, so the resale value of that package doesn't affect me at all. Same reason why i decided not to get a Dark Horse. I ended up just optioning in cosmetic things. (Nite Pony, Exhaust, Red brakes)

Really think about when you'll ever use it. Given you want a convertible, which is an extra $6000, and less ideal for track days, it sounds like (to me) it wouldn't ever be used to its full potential. Of course, I'm not you, and I don't know how you like to drive. So if you decide you need it, and will use it, go right ahead. That's just my two cents.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Upgraded brakes, tires, adjustable suspension, rear wing, and better handling. I would not purchase a Mustang without the PP, especially one that I built from scratch.
Agreed, the non PP mustang is a no-go for me and this is coming from someone who had a non-pp GT and had to do it all aftermarket. With everything that comes in the PP, it is easily worth the price for someone who won't do significant modifications

People keep trying to tie the performance pack to the track, but everything in it will significantly change its driving characteristics in everyday driving. It's not a track pack people. The torsen and shorter gears also make a big difference.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
I would still do the PP, there are other things in the PP that make it worthwhile. The larger Brembos, the Torsen with 3.73s (manual), the EPAS, stability and ABS tuning, in addition to the better cooling. If you had to replicate this it would be a hell of a lot more than the $4995, some of it such as the electronic tuning you won't be able to replicate.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Same situation here, and it's a "no" for me. Unless you really want the PP wheels and tires (and I don't want either), I don't think the rest of it makes financial sense. You can always add the brake package. Plus with a convertible the rear spoiler is not applicable.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
I had the same question once.

I drove a base GT for 13.000km and I loved the suspension.

So I'm not going for the performance pack, because all those extra's don't mean nothing to me.

And I will buy a ducktail spoiler that Ford is offering to order on my GT Premium.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Agreed, the non PP mustang is a no-go for me and this is coming from someone who had a non-pp GT and had to do it all aftermarket. With everything that comes in the PP, it is easily worth the price for someone who won't do significant modifications

People keep trying to tie the performance pack to the track, but everything in it will significantly change its driving characteristics in everyday driving. It's not a track pack people. The torsen and shorter gears also make a big difference.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Plus the magneride was a must for me so all the PP stuff is just nice add ons.

The "track pack" is the Dark Horse lol.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
For what you get, and already on the car vs. aftermarket install costs if you are not inclined, it is not a bad package.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
For what you get, and already on the car vs. aftermarket install costs if you are not inclined, it is not a bad package.

I just feel like this argument would be better off if the pieces weren’t outclassed by every aftermarket brand.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I just feel like this argument would be better off if the pieces weren’t outclassed by every aftermarket brand.
Well on the surface at least it seems like a decent value. My last GT was a STEEDA catalog recipient, so I feel what you are saying.

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
No for me.
I was good with standard suspension on my 2015.
I'll find the edge of this one and back off a bit. Besides, I'm too old for car antics, especially at 50K to replace it.

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
I only got the pp because I thought you needed it for the Magneride and active exhaust

PresentNotPast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Did anyone get their build week unscheduled after you already had it scheduled ?