• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT vs Dark Horse

Karguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
If I buy Widebody Dodge will you promise to stop posting? I think it might be worth it.
If you want a new Challenger WB with a 6 spd Tremec you better hurry up as there are not too many lingering around on dealer lots anymore…The sweet spot of the line between the narrow body 5.7 not enough and the Hellcat too much as in no traction up to 80mph and 8-12 mpg 😳 You might like the voluptuous girl with the pretty face as TORQUE acerbated with the short gearing in the first 3 gears will bring a big smile to your face every time you pin 📌 it…🤣Only things I dont like is the foot rest (too small) , foot operated hand brake (but it has hill hold) and the missing rev match otherwise it is perfect 👍 Maybe a aluminum block would have saved 70 pounds but it has 200 lbs less over the front than a HC and puts the power down ! Fun car…
Sponsored

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
Here we go again! 😆

A GT with Performance Pack drives and handles very similarly to a Dark Horse with non-handling pack. (I've driven both.) If money is not an issue, honestly, just pay a few thousand dollars more and get a Dark Horse. Especially if you're already planning to add every last option to a GT, which makes the difference in cost fairly negligible if you can get a DH at sticker price. It would be worth it for the Tremec alone if you're going manual.
Well I actually built a DH/HP pretty well equipped and it priced out at $73K -
I then built out a GT premium, PP, 401A, A10, very well equipped and it priced out at $63K - $10K difference is way more than "a couple thousand" to me it broke the deal and I ordered the GT...

Karguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 grand is a lot of coin for a Tremec , a couple of oil coolers , black paint on the front and titanium shift knob…I forgot the Trofeos that will give you a couple of seconds if you are good enough on track !

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
10 grand is a lot of coin for a Tremec , a couple of oil coolers , black paint on the front and titanium shift knob…I forgot the Trofeos that will give you a couple of seconds if you are good enough on track !
Should have chosen a better career path, @Karguy ... :like:

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Well I actually built a DH/HP pretty well equipped and it priced out at $73K -
I then built out a GT premium, PP, 401A, A10, very well equipped and it priced out at $63K - $10K difference is way more than "a couple thousand" to me it broke the deal and I ordered the GT...
You must've added things to the DH to get it to $73K. A base DH is low $60Ks.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
You must've added things to the DH to get it to $73K. A base DH is low $60Ks.
He said "DH" (Dark Horse), "HP" (handling package), and "well equipped". That last one likely means it's not a base DH, so you're already over $70K MSRP with just the 700A and the HP alone.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
GT..

My only regret, not getting the performance pack.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
If you want a new Challenger WB with a 6 spd Tremec you better hurry up as there are not too many lingering around on dealer lots anymore…The sweet spot of the line between the narrow body 5.7 not enough and the Hellcat too much as in no traction up to 80mph and 8-12 mpg 😳 You might like the voluptuous girl with the pretty face as TORQUE acerbated with the short gearing in the first 3 gears will bring a big smile to your face every time you pin 📌 it…🤣Only things I dont like is the foot rest (too small) , foot operated hand brake (but it has hill hold) and the missing rev match otherwise it is perfect 👍 Maybe a aluminum block would have saved 70 pounds but it has 200 lbs less over the front than a HC and puts the power down ! Fun car…
Even if they were giving them away, I would still run the opposite direction.

Last edited:

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Sounds like you live in Germany 🇩🇪…My question does the hood still flutter because air goes underneath it and does it starts floating at around 140 mph like I experienced once on a deserted road in Nevada in one of the last 550’s…Not a good feeling !
Yes I am indeed (as you can see from my avatar :) )

I don't have the DH yet, but my S550 (55 years edition) back then did not have that issue. I think they have adjusted it after it was criticized by many afterwards.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt & 2024 Dark Horse Premium
No regrets at all! I knew when they announced the Dark Horse I would have one!

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
He said "DH" (Dark Horse), "HP" (handling package), and "well equipped". That last one likely means it's not a base DH, so you're already over $70K MSRP with just the 700A and the HP alone.
Right, which goes against the point I was making in the post of mine they quoted.

Karguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I am indeed (as you can see from my avatar :) )

I don't have the DH yet, but my S550 (55 years edition) back then did not have that issue. I think they have adjusted it after it was criticized by many afterwards.
I did a lot of laps on the ‘Ring years ago but that was on 2 wheels…My favorite mc brand is still BMW and beer Weihenstephaner 😄👍

Karguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even if they were giving them away, I would still run the opposite direction.
Like I said I had a gen-6 SS 1LE and gave the DH a fair shake before I decided on a Challenger 6.4 WB with 6 spd manual…❤🏁TORQUE is the name of the game 👍

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I did a lot of laps on the ‘Ring years ago but that was on 2 wheels…My favorite mc brand is still BMW and beer Weihenstephaner 😄👍
Hefeweizen
Sponsored