• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT in person first impression!

Finface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Red Eye, 2002 WRX Wagon
Local dealership took delivery of a base GT with only the Night Pony and Active Valve Performance Exhaust options and I got a "dog and pony" show (see what I did there?) with my wife. Salesman had it hidden on the back of their lot for the owner who ordered it - they want to keep its arrival low profile. I was pleased I could look at it - and hear the engine in both normal, track and quiet modes - and carefully sit in the driver's seat. Rest assured - neither the salesman or I drove this car. Just started the engine in place.

First impressions - and keep in mind I have never sat in a modern mustang. Only chased them and been passed by GT 350's driving my Hellcat during HPDE.

The Grabber Blue Metallic is VERY eye-catching - looks better than on the build page. It doesn't look very metallic though - just bright and easy on the eyes. I think maybe a stripe for the GT, or for the eco-boost version the "Stripes and Wheels" option would do a lot for the appearance.

Base GT tires - all season Continental's - looked wide and meaty. The Night Pony option upgraded the wheels.

Night Pony option looked, in my wife's words, "Very sharp!" I agree - the blackened parts made a nice contrast with the light blue.

Trunk is narrow, but with the 50/50 fold down something pretty long could fit.

Active Valve Performance Exhaust - V-8 sounds great - fairly loud and "barky" compared to my Hellcat in all modes other than "quiet". However, In quiet it isn't quiet (unless the salesman didn't get it into quiet properly - he thought he did). It still sounds like a V-8 in quiet, and it might wake up a close neighbor. It just sounds dampened. The quad exhaust tips look great.

Driver's seat - okay, I have a small complaint. The YouTube influencers all said the "ability to get in and out with a helmet on" in the 2024's design was a plus. I doubt this would be feasible without bending your neck in a normal-sized person's driving position. You can lower the seat though. I'm 5'9". Once inside the proportions of the car felt good. Setting the height of the seat to see through the steering wheel - to see the speedometer - I needed the steering wheel put full up to see the whole dashboard. Individual results will vary...

Driver's seat - This one might be situational to the type seat we can pick from - and I'd like someone else to chime in here. The base GT's seats were light tan, and had perforations. I think maybe the Active X you can choose for no extra charge? I could not see what seats were in the car on the window sticker. It was only a brief sit in there, but when exiting my left hip hit a hard plastic piece that comes up above the seat's left bolster. This was not good and bears further investigation before I want to commit to buying a 2024 Mustang. I think I'd get pretty annoyed (and bruised) if this contact upon exiting persisted. I will need to find out if leather seats, or the Recaro's, would have this bang the hip thing.

Engine bay - oh, yeah! It looks fabulous under the hood.
Sponsored

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Local dealership took delivery of a base GT with only the Night Pony and Active Valve Performance Exhaust options and I got a "dog and pony" show (see what I did there?) with my wife. Salesman had it hidden on the back of their lot for the owner who ordered it - they want to keep its arrival low profile. I was pleased I could look at it - and hear the engine in both normal, track and quiet modes - and carefully sit in the driver's seat. Rest assured - neither the salesman or I drove this car. Just started the engine in place.

First impressions - and keep in mind I have never sat in a modern mustang. Only chased them and been passed by GT 350's driving my Hellcat during HPDE.

The Grabber Blue Metallic is VERY eye-catching - looks better than on the build page. It doesn't look very metallic though - just bright and easy on the eyes. I think maybe a stripe for the GT, or for the eco-boost version the "Stripes and Wheels" option would do a lot for the appearance.

Base GT tires - all season Continental's - looked wide and meaty. The Night Pony option upgraded the wheels.

Night Pony option looked, in my wife's words, "Very sharp!" I agree - the blackened parts made a nice contrast with the light blue.

Trunk is narrow, but with the 50/50 fold down something pretty long could fit.

Active Valve Performance Exhaust - V-8 sounds great - fairly loud and "barky" compared to my Hellcat in all modes other than "quiet". However, In quiet it isn't quiet (unless the salesman didn't get it into quiet properly - he thought he did). It still sounds like a V-8 in quiet, and it might wake up a close neighbor. It just sounds dampened. The quad exhaust tips look great.

Driver's seat - okay, I have a small complaint. The YouTube influencers all said the "ability to get in and out with a helmet on" in the 2024's design was a plus. I doubt this would be feasible without bending your neck in a normal-sized person's driving position. You can lower the seat though. I'm 5'9". Once inside the proportions of the car felt good. Setting the height of the seat to see through the steering wheel - to see the speedometer - I needed the steering wheel put full up to see the whole dashboard. Individual results will vary...

Driver's seat - This one might be situational to the type seat we can pick from - and I'd like someone else to chime in here. The base GT's seats were light tan, and had perforations. I think maybe the Active X you can choose for no extra charge? I could not see what seats were in the car on the window sticker. It was only a brief sit in there, but when exiting my left hip hit a hard plastic piece that comes up above the seat's left bolster. This was not good and bears further investigation before I want to commit to buying a 2024 Mustang. I think I'd get pretty annoyed (and bruised) if this contact upon exiting persisted. I will need to find out if leather seats, or the Recaro's, would have this bang the hip thing.

Engine bay - oh, yeah! It looks fabulous under the hood.
Nice review and summary

OP
OP

Finface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Red Eye, 2002 WRX Wagon
Nice review and summary
Thx. Really fun seeing the car. I don't want to overstate my hip hitting that plastic piece. It could have been I rolled awkwardly into it. I'll be interested if anyone experiences this the way I did.

I asked the salesman to let me know when a Mustang arrives with leather, and also Recaro, seats.

If I do get to check them out I'll post about it.
Sponsored