• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Active Exhaust…new tips?

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
So I originally painted with high temp paint, but it was chipping all over the place from rocks being kicked up. So I sanded them down and applied hyperdip for now. Like 5 coats. Seems to get holding up ok.

Honestly, what I would love to do is have the tips powder coated bronze (since I have the bronze package), but that's not really easy to do.
Sponsored

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I actually didn’t buy the Active Exhaust for this reason. I can’t believe Ford put cheap looking single wall tips on the AVE. At the very least, rolled tips would have looked much better.
I couldn't agree more. I had double-wall tips on my Z06's. They were very easy to clean and polish. It was one of the first things I noticed when I took delivery of my Mustang. I think I'm going to order the Ford/Borla system for my car in the spring. If my old eyes aren't deceiving me, it looks like those tips are double-wall.