• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Active Exhaust…new tips?

Hoofprint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Convertible
I would love to get larger diameter quad tips for the active exhaust. Looks like there maybe enough off the muffler to cut the tips off and weld new ones one…thoughts?

How big of tips can fit? I would love for black chrome tips if I could find them…
Sponsored

MustangMan72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
This seems to be something that no one has a real good solution for. From my limited research you have 3 options.

1. Paint with high temp paint.
2. Purchase after market tips that slide on over the top of the stock tips. There are 2 options to secure. One, Tac weld. The ones that have done this say that alignment is tricky. Two, use threaded clamp that comes made on the back of the tips. Most people apply high temp tape, header wrap, as a base so that the pre-installed clamp actually tightens down.
3. Buy aftermarket active exhaust with black tips.

I purchased these from ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264854598053

They fit decently snug but will move with a little force. I was afraid they would move and/or fall off over time. I am probably going to try putting the header tape on first and seeing how that works.

Here is a S550 thread where there are lots people talking about this.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/dual-active-exhaust-black-tips-anyone.137055/

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
I actually didn’t buy the Active Exhaust for this reason. I can’t believe Ford put cheap looking single wall tips on the AVE. At the very least, rolled tips would have looked much better.

When had my Bullitt, I actually bit the bullitt(pun intended) and bought the Borla axle back exhaust with the black tips because I couldn’t stand the cheap looking Ford tips.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
The GT should have large quad exhaust tips, just like the Dark Horse does. Economy of scale -- wouldn't cost Ford that much.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WRX 6MT, 2024 Vapor Blue GT 301A PP NPP order
I can’t believe Ford put cheap looking single wall tips on the AVE. At the very least, rolled tips would have looked much better.
Everyone is different of course, but I actually prefer the look of the single wall tips. To me it looks more aggressive, but that's just my opinion.

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
Everyone is different of course, but I actually prefer the look of the single wall tips. To me it looks more aggressive, but that's just my opinion.
Totally subjective as you mention and I know friends who like the single wall as well.

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
The GT should have large quad exhaust tips, just like the Dark Horse does. Economy of scale -- wouldn't cost Ford that much.
Agreed. I did love the tips on my Mach 1.

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I actually didn’t buy the Active Exhaust for this reason. I can’t believe Ford put cheap looking single wall tips on the AVE. At the very least, rolled tips would have looked much better.

When had my Bullitt, I actually bit the bullitt(pun intended) and bought the Borla axle back exhaust with the black tips because I couldn’t stand the cheap looking Ford tips.
Agreed. I think the S650’s super chunky diffuser also forces the “need” of dual walled tips even more so. Single walled tips look like pieces of tissue between those huge chunky borders.

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
So, I went through all the threads on 6g, and seems like there's been no movement on a true solution for exhaust tips for the stock AVE setup. Given this, it seems like I shouldn't hold my breath for a true engineered solution for exhaust tips........right?

Guess it's time to purchase some eBay dual walled tips on eBay to cut down and hopefully slide over. But I have a couple questions here:

1. Are those eBay tips that are 3.5 inlet and 4 outlet and 12" long consistently 3.5 inlet the whole length? So doesn't matter where it's cut down really?

2. Seems like the stock "tips"/pipes on AVE are not really consistently round, but would it still work for the 3.5 inlet?

Thanks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
This seems to be something that no one has a real good solution for. From my limited research you have 3 options.

2. Purchase after market tips that slide on over the top of the stock tips. There are 2 options to secure. One, Tac weld. The ones that have done this say that alignment is tricky. Two, use threaded clamp that comes made on the back of the tips. Most people apply high temp tape, header wrap, as a base so that the pre-installed clamp actually tightens down.

They fit decently snug but will move with a little force. I was afraid they would move and/or fall off over time. I am probably going to try putting the header tape on first and seeing how that works.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/dual-active-exhaust-black-tips-anyone.137055/
Got any photos of the car with the tips?

Fercavanha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT S650
Yeah I would like to replace too but no welding or cutting, just slide on the active exhaust

OP
OP
Hoofprint

Hoofprint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Convertible
In my opinion…Slide on looks cheap. Cut old off and weld new on

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
In my opinion…Slide on looks cheap. Cut old off and weld new on
Agree; however, not much room left behind the actuator valve to cut and weld. Would be concerned negatively affecting it.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
I used my fist (:crazy:) to get an idea of the Diameter of the Exhaust tips and it, to me, appears to be larger than the Stock Quad Tips on the S550. I was thinking of just painting the Quads with Flat Black Hi-Temp and getting the X-Pipe from Ford Performance for the Resonator Delete and go with that. Had the Ford Performance Cat-Back (Non AE) on my PP1 S550 and I loved the sound of that. Lots of burbles when the temps were low enough to support that. Not hating the AE on my S650 Perf Pkg though.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg

Not mad at the 1st Option at all.
Sponsored