• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Greeting, Pony, remote features disabled

OP
OP
Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Curious if the pony projection is on all MY24 Mustangs (even base EB) or is it part of some package?
I think you have to get the "Premium" models to have that feature

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Mine will pull the bs sitting less than a week undriven. This is in a heated/cooled garage. It will disable auto start and likely other features.
I, too, have found that after my car sits more than a couple days that the welcome lighting and other interior/exterior lighting will not illuminate until I start the car. Starter never sounds sluggish like the battery is dying. It just seems to cut off extraneous electrical draw to save the battery. Mine is also in a climate controlled garage. Doesn't seem to be an issue for me. Just a nuance of S650 ownership from what I can tell.

Dapsters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 gt premium performance package vapor blue
If my car sits for more than 12hrs (overnight) ford pass will alert me my cars in battery saving mode and to drive it.. I did 2600 miles in less than 1 month so I'm not sure how much more I can do

Kinda got a long list of issues for ford to tell me isn't really an issue

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Is the remote start feature just disabled on the Ford Pass app or does it disable remote start on the key fob too?

OP
OP
Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the remote start feature just disabled on the Ford Pass app or does it disable remote start on the key fob too?
Hard for me to say. Manual doesn’t get the fob featured function.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I've been using FordPass since mid 2017 (when I bought my 2017 F-150). Within the last year of using it, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the FordPass app itself has gotten a bit wonky. For my 2017 F-150, I would get messages saying remote start has been temporarily disabled, but in reality, it worked just fine on my truck. For the Mustang, it's a manual, so the only remote features I can use is the lock/unlock. I don't care about the welcoming lightning as long as the remote lock/unlock feature works. Speaking of which, I probably should look up to how to manually unlock the driver's door with the key.

OP
OP
Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been using FordPass since mid 2017 (when I bought my 2017 F-150). Within the last year of using it, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the FordPass app itself has gotten a bit wonky. For my 2017 F-150, I would get messages saying remote start has been temporarily disabled, but in reality, it worked just fine on my truck. For the Mustang, it's a manual, so the only remote features I can use is the lock/unlock. I don't care about the welcoming lightning as long as the remote lock/unlock feature works. Speaking of which, I probably should look up to how to manually unlock the driver's door with the key.
I’ll possibly agree the app may be a tad shy of whiz bang but I noticed the remote features disabled to preserve battery message in the app also takes down or as a result of low charge, the greeting features if equipped which may be understood to represent the same message being conveyed to the driver even without using / checking the app.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Also would like to add, on a positive note, that Ford provides this free of charge unlike other auto manufacturers that require a paid subscription to use these kind of features from your phone.

Reactions: Zig

rockman 2738

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Titanium
My GT was built in mid-September 2023. I haven't been to the dealer for service yet. However, I constantly get that message, remote features disabled. I drive it at least every two or three days. Once I went on a 115-mile cruise with the local club and got that message two days later. My wife's 2020 Escape is no better, and they have already replaced the battery once.
Sponsored