• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Greeting, Pony, remote features disabled

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Out of curiosity is it correct that the ‘greeting’ and ‘pony projection’ function seem to be ‘remote function deactivated’ related?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^ as in: once you receive the remote features disabled message in fordpass and you bring the battery back up to full charge but have not started / driven the car the greeting and pony projection remain non operational until start / drive?

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
^ as in: once you receive the remote features disabled message in fordpass and you bring the battery back up to full charge but have not started / driven the car the greeting and pony projection remain non operational until start / drive?
That is correct.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Is this another battery discharge issue?

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is to avoid a battery discharge issue... If the car is not driven for a while, the greeting and remote start features (and a few other maybe) are disabled until you start the car again.

OP
OP
Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is to avoid a battery discharge issue... If the car is not driven for a while, the greeting and remote start features (and a few other maybe) are disabled until you start the car again.
More like a continuation with a notice of behavior as a result.

we’ve received the ‘remote features’ disabled message a couple of times (and admit have yet to visit the dealer - summer only tires and what not blah blah).

since the greeting and the pony projection aren’t really ‘remote’ features (as in doing something from a remote location) and are deactivated when the batt gets low I wasn’t sure if it could be considered an indication of the charge state.

like if it was supposed to say hi but she just sat there you kinda get the impression theres something amiss before even trying.

(
S650 Mustang Greeting, Pony, remote features disabled IMG_0914
)

less than six weeks sitting in the garage, locked and untouched.

The batt is now fully charged but since I haven’t started her the deactivated state is still active.

S650 Mustang Greeting, Pony, remote features disabled IMG_0918

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

we’ve received the ‘remote features’ disabled message a couple of times (and admit have yet to visit the dealer - summer only tires and what not blah blah).

since the greeting and the pony projection aren’t really ‘remote’ features (as in doing something from a remote location) and are deactivated when the batt gets low I wasn’t sure if it could be considered an indication of the charge state.

like if if was supposed to say hi but she just sat there you kinda get the impression theres something amiss before even trying.

(
IMG_0914.jpeg
)

Reason I asked is that I have read a few threads regarding bad batteries or batteries needing to be charged. Perhaps these are "Up North" cars that are not driven during the Winter.

OP
OP
Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reason I asked is that I have read a few threads regarding bad batteries or batteries needing to be charged. Perhaps these are "Up North" cars that are not driven during the Winter.
Understood. Although not sure. Was built on 8/16/23. Received the remote features disabled after a 600+ mile drive. In fact received the message twice during that trip (both the following morning after a morning greeting).

I’ve charged the batt at least twice now so yeah most likely a bum cell. But didn’t notice the greeting being disabled until just this last time charging her and wasn’t sure if it was an indication of something more amiss or just part of the ‘remote features’ being disabled - being a local function / action and what not. I can understand and appreciate the self preservation function just wanted to confirm nothing more is beginning to go awry.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Understood. Although not sure. Was built on 8/16/23. Received the remote features disabled after a 600+ mile drive. In fact received the message twice during that trip (both the following morning after a morning greeting).

I’ve charged the batt at least twice now so yeah most likely a bum cell. But didn’t notice the greeting being disabled until just this last time charging her and wasn’t sure if it was an indication of something more amiss or just part of the ‘remote features’ being disabled - being a local function / action and what not. I can understand and appreciate the self preservation function just wanted to confirm nothing more is beginning to go awry.
Exactly!

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

like if it was supposed to say hi but she just sat there you kinda get the impression theres something amiss before even trying.

(
IMG_0914.jpeg
)

The batt is now fully charged but since I haven’t started her the deactivated state is still active.

IMG_0918.jpeg
I believe that many features that require battery power while parked will be disabled... not sure if this is determined by actual battery charge state or not though.

I think many of the bad batteries on delivery were cars that sat for some time at the assembly plant or other holding locations.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I'm not sure what voltage Ford has things disabled to conserve the battery. An AGM batter probably needs to be charged at around 11.5v. If it reaches around 10.5v it probable will never recover again. I think manufactures use them for start/stop as they can recharge more quickly but never above 15v.

OP
OP
Zig

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe that many features that require battery power while parked will be disabled... not sure if this is determined by actual battery charge state or not though.
hoping but did not test / verify the alarm doesn’t go away as well.

Doesn’t seem to be charge state since greeting didn’t reactivate once the battery reached 100% and went into maintenance mode.

I think many of the bad batteries on delivery were cars that sat for some time at the assembly plant or other holding locations.
The battery may have but the car did not.

I'm not sure what voltage Ford has things disabled to conserve the battery.
I think the first time we got the remote features disabled message (there’s a thread just don’t have it handy at the moment) it measured 12.5

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, not sure if there is a cut off voltage or how they determine when to disable the features... but once disabled, the car must be started again to enable them again.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Mine will pull the bs sitting less than a week undriven. This is in a heated/cooled garage. It will disable auto start and likely other features.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Out of curiosity is it correct that the ‘greeting’ and ‘pony projection’ function seem to be ‘remote function deactivated’ related?
Curious if the pony projection is on all MY24 Mustangs (even base EB) or is it part of some package?
Sponsored