• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gears not showing

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Does anyone know how to make it show what gear it is in on the instrument cluster? (10spd) no matter what mode I use it just shows me the cruise control and lane keeping icon instead of showing me the gears unless I use the paddle shifters.
Sponsored

OP
OP

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Has anyone figured this out? Does anyone see gears on their dash when not in manual mode?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I skimmed through the Owner manual just now. See page 177.

When in Automatic/Drive mode, "The instrument cluster displays the current position [PRNDM]."

When in Manual mode, "The instrument cluster displays the current gear."

I agree. It'd be nice to see the gears change and confirm specific gear when in Drive mode.

Last edited:

Deleted member 60295

I was wondering the same thing , I liked that you could see what gear you were in all the time . My Mach showed the gear as well . Maybe Ford will do a update and add that option 🤷🏻 maybe 🤔

CarGuyBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse Blue Ember - 22 Mach-E GTPE - Bronco
On the F-150 Ranger etc. you can press the + on the shifter when sitting still or moving + and it will show what gear it is in until it is restarted. I would guess you have padel shifters so that will most likely not work. My Explorer ST does not show the gear unless you hit the paddle shifter and that puts it into a temp manual mode.

CarGuyBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse Blue Ember - 22 Mach-E GTPE - Bronco
I was wondering the same thing , I liked that you could see what gear you were in all the time . My Mach showed the gear as well . Maybe Ford will do a update and add that option 🤷🏻 maybe 🤔
Best thing to do is Call the Ford customer service line and let them know that is how things get added over time.

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
I would love to know the answer to this as well if anyone figures it out.
Sponsored