• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gauges

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Is the dark horse the same? I’m not sure I’ve seen interior pics of a non premium dark horse. Specifically 2 screens like the base model ecoboost and gt?
I would assume its the same mostly. My Shelby GT500 digital dash was not much different than my Mach1
Sponsored

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
This is 2024 Lincoln Nautilus dash. Maybe the Mustang designers should have taken a peek at what the Lincoln designers were doing during the R&D phase of the S650.

S650 Mustang Gauges Lincoln Naultius interior

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First off, “analog“ gauges haven’t been analog in a long time. Behind the analog dials the gauges themselves are digital. Secondly these screens are no higher than the top of the dash in the S550 so there is no issue with visibility. Lastly, pretty much everyone here thinks the integration could have been better but it is what it is. If you have any doubts wait until you sit behind the wheel and then make your decision.
It's funny folks think "long time" only means since the last generation was manufactured. The Mustang has had analog gauges 49 years longer than digital gauges.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
It's funny folks think "long time" only means since the last generation was manufactured. The Mustang has had analog gauges 49 years longer than digital gauges.
So has pretty much everything else, although don't for one minute think those analogue gauges are anything other than electronic interpretations for the last 30 years

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So has pretty much everything else, although don't for one minute think those analogue gauges are anything other than electronic interpretations for the last 30 years
But those automotive engineers want you to think digital is better than analog. Just many folks bought digital watches when they became mainstream, but over time folks went back to analog watches due to their simplicity (until Apple came along and that is another story).

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
But those automotive engineers want you to think digital is better than analog. Just many folks bought digital watches when they became mainstream, but over time folks went back to analog watches due to their simplicity (until Apple came along and that is another story).
I think you are overthinking it.

People love digital displays in everything from cars to washing machines and fridges. My son's flat in Tokyo has a digital display for the toilet!

I much prefer the digital dash in my S550 to the analogue version, nothing to do with what anybody 'want's' me to like.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
What's easier to read? A number displaying your speed or a needle between 2 lines?
What's so wrong with a digital dash 😂 you're saying you want something with LESS functionality?

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's easier to read? A number displaying your speed or a needle between 2 lines?
What's so wrong with a digital dash 😂 you're saying you want something with LESS functionality?
Neither, in today's world, most folks don't pay attention to either because they are always looking at their phones while driving.

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
Ford has come and said only 40% of the S650 Mustangs will come with a stick and you really can't find them on a new car lot.
Mustangs with MTs are all over lots. Tons of them.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
For a speedometer, maybe, especially if the velocity of the vehicle is relatively the same while watching . But for anything else where interpreting the fast rate of changes to a value, a analog-like display with a needle is largely superior.
Assuming this thread is about Gauges, not just speedometers.
Sponsored