• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gauge screen rattle.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Anyone else’s doing it? I’m sure some foam tape would fix it. Lol. There is a decent gap behind it and I'm wondering if it needs to be tightened up. Doesn’t do it all the time but it’s there and it’s kinda annoying.
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
There is a TSB for a dash rattle. Might include what you're dealing with.

10/3/23 - 23-2311 - "Instrument Panel (IP) Topper Rub/Scratch/Buzz Noise From Right Front Passenger Side"

Some 2024 Mustang vehicles built on or before 29-June-2023 may exhibit a rub/scratch/buzz noise coming from the right front passenger side of the IP topper. This may be due to contact between the IP topper contacting sheet metal by the defroster grille. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to remove the windshield and apply flock tape to the leading edge of the IP topper.

OP
OP
highvoltage

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
There is a TSB for a dash rattle. Might include what you're dealing with.

10/3/23 - 23-2311 - "Instrument Panel (IP) Topper Rub/Scratch/Buzz Noise From Right Front Passenger Side"

Some 2024 Mustang vehicles built on or before 29-June-2023 may exhibit a rub/scratch/buzz noise coming from the right front passenger side of the IP topper. This may be due to contact between the IP topper contacting sheet metal by the defroster grille. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to remove the windshield and apply flock tape to the leading edge of the IP topper.
i saw that and it doesn’t read like it does. That’s why i asked. Especially since it doesn’t say rattle and it’s from the passenger side

OP
OP
highvoltage

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
When I receive my car if it has this rattle I will first try some small foam strips behind the panel and see if it goes away. Having the dealer remove the windshield sounds like a nightmare.

OP
OP
highvoltage

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
When I receive my car if it has this rattle I will first try some small foam strips behind the panel and see if it goes away. Having the dealer remove the windshield sounds like a nightmare.
windshield? Is that what they say in the TSB for the noise on the passenger side? I don’t see why you would need to for the gauge screen.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Anyone else’s doing it? I’m sure some foam tape would fix it. Lol. There is a decent gap behind it and I'm wondering if it needs to be tightened up. Doesn’t do it all the time but it’s there and it’s kinda annoying.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

OP
OP
highvoltage

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
Message sent! Thanks

OP
OP
highvoltage

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
wondering if ford ever reached out to you with a fix. Same problem on my s650. Dealer said they’d look into…. 2 weeks ago.
they weren’t reaching out for a fix. I haven’t even taken it in yet for it. It doesn’t do it all the time and they probably wouldn’t do anything as of now anyways with no guidance from ford.

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Camaro ZL1 (prev. 2019 Mustang GT; 2025?)
they weren’t reaching out for a fix. I haven’t even taken it in yet for it. It doesn’t do it all the time and they probably wouldn’t do anything as of now anyways with no guidance from ford.
Oh, that rattle is no big deal. Just like the BBQ tick. Both are normal and to be expected.

OP
OP
highvoltage

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Oh, that rattle is no big deal. Just like the BBQ tick. Both are normal and to be expected.
the BBQ is nothing. 🤡

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Camaro ZL1 (prev. 2019 Mustang GT; 2025?)
Oh, the ol "clown" retort. Good one.

Your little rattle is nothing. I think you just wanted to get on here and whine. Sound familiar.

OP
OP
highvoltage

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Oh, the ol "clown" retort. Good one.

Your little rattle is nothing. I think you just wanted to get on here and whine. Sound familiar.
You would know all about whining! Since that’s all you do. I mean you act like a whiny clown I’ll call you one. I don’t mind calling a spade a spade. But it hilarious to see i live rent free where you searched out my post to comment with your childish antics. Really living up to the 🤡 moniker!

here’s some 🍗 for you BBQ whiny boy
Sponsored