• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gas mileage for manual

Rfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
What are you guys getting for gas mileage. My car will mostly be used around town. I will not be hot rodding it any at all, just maybe getting on it somewhat in 2nd gear coming off of a redlight.
Sponsored

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
What are you guys getting for gas mileage. My car will mostly be used around town. I will not be hot rodding it any at all, just maybe getting on it somewhat in 2nd gear coming off of a redlight.
My GT is averaging between 11 and 13 mpg depending on how much I want to hear the exhaust 😁. Just took a 600 mile roundtrip over the weekend and averaged 23.3. I've only got 1,100 miles on it so far, so hoping it gets better as it breaks in. if it doesn't, zero F's given, it's so much fun to drive!

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I live in a more rural area and I have been babying it since I'm in the first 1,000 miles. I can get in the 22+ range with 80% highway driving. City driving is a BIG difference LOL.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Are all you guys running premium (91 or 93) octane in your manual GT's? I have an A10 GT and just did my first fill up last night - went with Shell 93 VPower so we'll see what happens. I'm pretty sure the dealer filled my car up with regular 87 octane but per the car it said my average on the first tank was 17.0 but who knows.

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Are all you guys running premium (91 or 93) octane in your manual GT's? I have an A10 GT and just did my first fill up last night - went with Shell 93 VPower so we'll see what happens. I'm pretty sure the dealer filled my car up with regular 87 octane but per the car it said my average on the first tank was 17.0 but who knows.
93 for me

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I get 16 mpg commuting in the city, almost 24 on the highway. I have filled with 94 octane fuel so far, but will use 87 for daily driving once the car has a couple thousand miles on the clock.
I will use 94 for the track. Here we have 94, 91, 89 and 87 but no 93.

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
I average 19.6 since new, 87 cheap as it gets fuel. DH

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I get 16 mpg commuting in the city, almost 24 on the highway. I have filled with 94 octane fuel so far, but will use 87 for daily driving once the car has a couple thousand miles on the clock.
I will use 94 for the track. Here we have 94, 91, 89 and 87 but no 93.
Sounds like your mileage is right about where it should be per the sticker. I assume the reason for you to switch to 87 octane is just to save some money? Just curious why use premium for the first few thousand miles?

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Sounds like your mileage is right about where it should be per the sticker. I assume the reason for you to switch to 87 octane is just to save some money? Just curious why use premium for the first few thousand miles?
Yes. 94 octane is 25% more here. I use it for the first little while because it's a new toy for me so here and there I will do a little pull to stretch her legs, have some fun.
I had a S550 GT before and it pinged when under load on 87 octane, like when doing a pull from a stop, or going uphill at low RPM, that kind of thing.
I assume the same thing would happen with my S650 so I give it the good stuff until I get used to the car and my commuting behavior is more...tame.
From past experience the regular gas (from a top tier brand) was just fine for steady speed cruising with smooth, progressive accelerations. No pinging. And MPG was similar so I'll take the 10$ per tank savings.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I've been running 93 octane but I may experiment with some lower stuff.

The gas stations around here stock 87, 89 and 93 only. No 91. Might try the 89 out and see if I notice any changes good or bad. If I'm not racing people at stop lights I'm not sure I'm getting much benefit from 93 octane fuel.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
My S550 (A10) has managed 25mpg (US) over 27k miles on 93 equivalent (98 here)

Best was 30mpg (US) on a motorway run over just under 400 miles at 80mph (cruise control on)

S650 will be fundamentally very similar

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
I just don't get buying a 50-60K car and cheaping out on 87 Octane gas. Do you use the cheapest non synthetic oil also? If the gas is that much of a problem maybe you should have bought an ecoboost.
Sponsored