• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford's Marketing Team at it Again

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
If this doesn't speak to their target audience idk what does
What is Mustang's target audience? With the pricing of the top S650 Mustang over $60K, I believe they have lost their target audience (under 35)? Most of the blue-collar folks (I know) are making just under $16/hr.
Sponsored

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
I think they are trying to bring over Millennials with high paying tech jobs. The same segment who represent a good chunk of Tesla owners.

Not saying tech millennials can't be mechanically inclined to know much about vehicle handling...just maybe implying a bulk of them aren't.

I've always worked in petro, or petro-chem, and nearly all the blue collar craftsmen make north of 30/hr for straight-time. Even more when you get into overtime. I understand that specific industry isn't everywhere.

What is Mustang's target audience? With the pricing of the top S650 Mustang over $60K, I believe they have lost their target audience (under 35)? Most of the blue-collar folks (I know) are making just under $16/hr.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
I think they are trying to bring over Millennials with high paying tech jobs. The same segment who represent a good chunk of Tesla owners.

Not saying tech millennials can't be mechanically inclined to know much about vehicle handling...just maybe implying a bulk of them aren't.

I've always worked in petro, or petro-chem, and nearly all the blue collar craftsmen make north of 30/hr for straight-time. Even more when you get into overtime. I understand that specific industry isn't everywhere.
I thought Millennials hated gas and just want Electric Vehicles 🤣

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought Millennials hated gas and just want Electric Vehicles 🤣
Hey now! I didn't say they would be successful in their marketing :crackup:

I'm talking about folks like my brother in-law. Software engineer 2 years out of school making over 100K. When he was 15, riding in the back of my wife's jeep patriot, asked where the button was for the window and what this scroll-looking handle thing was.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I was referring to service workers such as (non-college) repairmen and residential construction workers. Even Amazon warehouse workers do not get paid over $15/hr.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
Does it have a push button for quick release and pop out? That would be a good theft deterrent too!

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 10 Gear
What would be cool is if they made the flat bottom on the top and sides.

Now that would reinvent the wheel.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
man, what am I doing wrong? Devops, 30 years experience and only 140-160 in DC no less.
These salaries look like urban versus rural areas of the country. Most rural areas don't even make half that.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
man, what am I doing wrong? Devops, 30 years experience and only 140-160 in DC no less.
To be fair, he lives in San Jose so his take home is actually just average for a new grad

Rag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550
Nissan has had an automatic pedal placement switch for decades. Just read this morning, Ford is copying GM on rear bumper steps (new to 2023 F150). Ford always takes the Henry Ford approach to automotive evolution (If it works, don't mess with it).
Guess you missed the 60-70-80's and Fords "better ideas" or them try'n to redesign the spark plug in the 2000's 5.4 3 vales anyone.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guess you missed the 60-70-80's and Fords "better ideas" or them try'n to redesign the spark plug in the 2000's 5.4 3 vales anyone.
or Ford's intermittent windshield wiper motor?

Reactions: Rag