• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford's Marketing Team at it Again

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
That looks almost like an aftermarket "Royal steering wheel" for Mazda.
It sure is a custom wheel (from Meinlenkrad). Alcantara, same outer diameter as OEM but thicker inwards with orange stiching and slightly modified thumb rest

Last edited:

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
I think they are trying to bring over Millennials with high paying tech jobs. The same segment who represent a good chunk of Tesla owners.

Not saying tech millennials can't be mechanically inclined to know much about vehicle handling...just maybe implying a bulk of them aren't.

I've always worked in petro, or petro-chem, and nearly all the blue collar craftsmen make north of 30/hr for straight-time. Even more when you get into overtime. I understand that specific industry isn't everywhere.
Look in an Amazon Fulfillment Center parking lot. Most of the vehicles are over 10 years old. This is the Gen XYZ-M crowd. According to PEW Research, only 19% of Millennials have graduated college. That's not a very big number to support the car payment of $50+k Mustang.

Last edited:

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
If this doesn't speak to their target audience idk what does
The Corvette has had a flat bottom steering wheel for quite a few years and I haven't heard any complaints about them.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Flat-bottom steering wheels aren't just for convenience. They're actually designed to enhance the driving experience. The flat bottom provides extra leg space, especially when taking sharp turns or driving with enthusiasm. It also offers a more comfortable grip for better control, especially during spirited driving or on a racetrack.
I find it makes me use two hands more often. The palm ‘necker knob’ method kinda hits a flat spot right about there.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Flat-bottom steering wheels aren't just for convenience. They're actually designed to enhance the driving experience. The flat bottom provides extra leg space, especially when taking sharp turns or driving with enthusiasm. It also offers a more comfortable grip for better control, especially during spirited driving or on a racetrack.
Erm - it only provides more leg space in one position, sharp turns would then cut your legs off!

The only race cars with non circular wheels are those where the steering lock is very small such as open wheel cars with yoke type 'wheels'

Road car flat bottom wheels are purely cosmetic, or a fix for poor ergonomics such as the Corvette / Lotus Emira where the square wheel is stretched to see the instruments or the Peugeot iCockpit where the wheel is squared off and lowered to see the instruments.

Fixing a 'problem' that didn't need fixing!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
I’m surprised not that many got that..:clap:
After giving much un-needed thought, I think this would land better on 6G Tony.
Look in an Amazon Fulfillment Center parking lot. Most of the vehicles are over 10 years old. This is the Gen XYZ-M crowd. According to PEW Research, only 19% of Millennials have graduated college. That's not a very big number to support the car payment of $50+k Mustang.
I know quite a few people who have no degree that are more successful than others I know who have a college degree unless they’re are a doctor or attorney.
$170K a year for being an auto technician isn’t that bad.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
After giving much un-needed thought, I think this would land better on 6G Tony.

I know quite a few people who have no degree that are more successful than others I know who have a college degree unless they’re are a doctor or attorney.
$170K a year for being an auto technician isn’t that bad.
Not bad at all. In fact only the best make it seem simple.

Walyrannex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang 2019
It does seem like Ford's marketing team might be stretching it a bit there. I mean, sure, they might add a touch of sportiness to the interior, but claiming they're all about""high performance handling" might be a bit of a stretch. 😄 It's more of a stylistic choice than anything else, right?Also, if you're thinking about sprucing up your online presence, think about woocommerce website development. It could really help take your website to the next level. Plus, having a slick website is like having the perfect car – it's all about the details that make the experience that much better.
Sponsored

Last edited: