• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ford Motorcraft Synthetic Oil Beats Key Rivals

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
I like Project Farm's videos. He thoroughly tests all kinds of stuff. In this particular video, the Ford Motorcraft vs the Mobil 1 is really the only useful comparo for Mustang owners.....well at least I don't see any Mustang owners using Mopar, AC Delco, Toyota, or Honda oil. I could be wrong though.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The "issue" with MC (especially the blends) is not so much protection and/or additive package, it was more the fact that is used to like to shear down alot quicker than most others. It's generally known that 5w50 quickly thins out to 5w40 terriorty, which in it of itself is not necessarily a bad thing...but if your engine is spec'd out for 50 weight oil and you really get 40 that's not a good thing.

And that's where the boutique oils come in, again not necessarily because they have that much better protection, but because they keep their weight higher for longer.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
One thing a lot of these "tests" don't consider is fuel. Bad fuel will lead to bad oil.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Most name brand oils will perform well for your car. It’s how much more do you want? Frequent oil changes and a good filter make more difference than using this brand or that brand.

Without getting technical, some engines do a little better with certain oils over others. For 99% of people it’s negligible difference. If you must feel like you are getting the very best protection for your engine use Amsoil.
Sponsored