• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

First OTA software update

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Its funny how everyone thinks they should get an update. I bet if you have a later build you might already have it. Ford really is stealth about which production dates need it. Most manufactures will update software to the latest as new product is produced.🤔
Sponsored

OP
OP

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Its funny how everyone thinks they should get an update. I bet if you have a later build you might already have it. Ford really is stealth about which production dates need it. Most manufactures will update software to the latest as new product is produced.🤔
That’s a very good possibility. My car was built early June and I got the update.

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
This is the version I have
Car build last September, have not received any update since.
S650 Mustang First OTA software update 20240210_200922

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
… My car is always parked in the basement and I hardly have any wireless connectivity in there inclusive of GPS. ..
I’m picturing the car slowly walking down the stairs. Hah - is the Harley in the kitchen? - Sorry couldn’t resist. I’m not sure gps would be needed for an update though.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
What is the current software version? That would end the conversation.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I have Rev 959. Not had any updates since built on 12/14.
S650 Mustang First OTA software update 20240317_084402

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I have Rev 959. Not had any updates since built on 12/14.
20240317_084402.jpg
Here is my version. The ford site is telling me I have updates, I've set up wireless and followed the directions and connected but I never receive any updates.
S650 Mustang First OTA software update 1710784637168-zd
S650 Mustang First OTA software update 1710784561836-fl

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT

Adefend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Ecoboost
Here is my version. The ford site is telling me I have updates, I've set up wireless and followed the directions and connected but I never receive any updates.
1710784637168-zd.png
1710784561836-fl.png
For those with older models, the update is the 23206, Rev 959. If you already have this version then you should be good. Mine is a Nov 23 build and was recently updated at the dealer. The main part of the update is related to the ABS system.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Did you have to connect to a wireless hotspot to get the update going?
Yes, you must be connected to your home Wi-Fi or a hotspot (wouldn't recommend this method).

Update: I just checked mine. I picked up my Mustang GT at the end of December (October build date) and I guess it's running the latest seeing as it's the 23206, 959. Sucks because I was hoping for a fix with the clock. I set it to 24 hour mode and it keeps reverting back to AM/PM.

Last edited:

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Yes, you must be connected to your home Wi-Fi or a hotspot (wouldn't recommend this method).

Update: I just checked mine. I picked up my Mustang GT at the end of December (October build date) and I guess it's running the latest seeing as it's the 23206, 959. Sucks because I was hoping for a fix with the clock. I set it to 24 hour mode and it keeps reverting back to AM/PM.
interesting that a WiFi connection is required. What’s with the location tracking system then. That reports to the ford app on my mobile and I see the location of the car almost immediately without having to connect to a WiFi.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m picturing the car slowly walking down the stairs. Hah - is the Harley in the kitchen? - Sorry couldn’t resist. I’m not sure gps would be needed for an update though.
Hahaha. Cali living. Gotta live with what one has and what’s one priorities are. Amazing cars over super expensive houses to buy/rent!

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
interesting that a WiFi connection is required. What’s with the location tracking system then. That reports to the ford app on my mobile and I see the location of the car almost immediately without having to connect to a WiFi.
I believe that's just standard with the FordPass app. Also, that's using GPS. I've found it useful when dropping my vehicle off for maintenance or what not. I can check the mileage as well as make sure there isn't some hooning (think of the movie, Ferris Bueller's Day Off)

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe that's just standard with the FordPass app. Also, that's using GPS. I've found it useful when dropping my vehicle off for maintenance or what not. I can check the mileage as well as make sure there isn't some hooning (think of the movie, Ferris Bueller's Day Off)
Gotcha. That adds up.! Oh well / the only option I have is to tether it to my phone at a spot where I have real good connectivity.
how long does the update take?
Sponsored