• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Two cup holders but one phone slot….[stack ‘em?] Yes, minor detail, too late now. although usually it does come up when both cup holders are being used.
That isn't much of a problem because you have USB and 12 volt jacks all around. Maybe you can't put your phone where you want but you can keep it charged.
I was on a 24 hour trip in a dodge pickup and hadn't had time to find the charge points. There were more but the only thing I knew about at the time was the 120 volt outlet. In the wee hours of the morning we had hearing aids, a flip phone and an iPhone all wanting that 120 volt outlet. My iPhone was low priority so I was hoping it didn't run dry while I still needed the map function. Fun trip that I hope never to repeat.
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I am a first time buyer of the Mustang as I always wanted one my whole life.
:thumbsup: All the cool kids drive Mustangs. :rockon:

...economically the price for me was telling me to stay with the EcoBoost!
The first decision a person makes is often the best and correct one. Reads like you're on the right path. You've bought a new car you've always wanted and won't be concerned about the financial aspects of it once you have it. It's going to be great. At the other extreme, some make the jump (too high, too far) and regret it, or live with the anxiety as to if they can keep what they bought.

When I come up on another owner, driving or at a meet, engines and options don't come to mind. The following picture was taken on the way home today from a C&C event. Money shot right here. Kindly look to the left: S197 coming to the foreground to join me and the other S550 in front.

20230819_095922.jpg

I just so happened to stop at the same light. I thought it be great to get a picture over the dash. While I know the color, IDK anything else about the other cars. And I wouldn't think anything different if I did.

Peoples' stories, what they think of the car, what they know about it, how they came to own it, bring everyone together.

Edit: oh yea, and the one to my left. Seriously. I was sitting at the light. Me and the driver to the front recognized, waved and flipped lights at each other. After putting the phone down and looking around for awareness, I noticed the grey one to my left (below). The S197 in the first photo? I actually didn't notice it until pulling and posting these right now.

20230819_095943.jpg

Moments like this I think help define why we bought Mustangs.

Last edited:

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I love the review! I am just hoping that I will not be let down purchasing the EcoBoost. The V8 seems like the way to go if you really want that power. Probably worth the extra dough!

I am a first time buyer of the Mustang as I always wanted one my whole life. After seeing this video, I almost want to change my mind and go with the V8. But economically the price for me was telling me to stay with the EcoBoost!
If it isn’t in production yet, cancel and reorder or find what you want online

10basscat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I love the review! I am just hoping that I will not be let down purchasing the EcoBoost. The V8 seems like the way to go if you really want that power. Probably worth the extra dough!

I am a first time buyer of the Mustang as I always wanted one my whole life. After seeing this video, I almost want to change my mind and go with the V8. But economically the price for me was telling me to stay with the EcoBoost!
First off, you will NOT be “let down.” The Ecoboost is a great engine and it will be a great car! The cost is significantly cheaper to buy, own AND operate! (Cheaper upfront cost, cheaper insurance, cheaper oil changes, better gas mileage etc). I am on my second S550 Ecoboost and I absolutely love my car. I liked the first one so much I ordered and bought the exact same car a second time if that tells you anything. Lol
The bottom line is you know your finances and what you will be happy with. Go with your initial instinct and if the Ecoboost felt like the right decision I have no doubt you will love that car!

Pammyfl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV 4 EcoBoost Fastback 2024 on order
First off, you will NOT be “let down.” The Ecoboost is a great engine and it will be a great car! The cost is significantly cheaper to buy, own AND operate! (Cheaper upfront cost, cheaper insurance, cheaper oil changes, better gas mileage etc). I am on my second S550 Ecoboost and I absolutely love my car. IT liked the first one so much I ordered and bought the exact same car a second time if that tells you anything. Lol
The bottom line is you know your finances and what you will be happy with. Go with your initial instinct and if the Ecoboost felt like the right decision I have no doubt you will love that car!
You are absolutely correct. This is primarily why I was drawn to this car. As you stated, these were the boxes I checked when looking at the Ecoboost. The sleek lines of this model had me. The dealer told me that it will be here soon and simply cannot wait.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
First off, you will NOT be “let down.” The Ecoboost is a great engine and it will be a great car! The cost is significantly cheaper to buy, own AND operate! (Cheaper upfront cost, cheaper insurance, cheaper oil changes, better gas mileage etc). I am on my second S550 Ecoboost and I absolutely love my car. I liked the first one so much I ordered and bought the exact same car a second time if that tells you anything. Lol
You are absolutely correct. This is primarily why I was drawn to this car. As you stated, these were the boxes I checked when looking at the Ecoboost. The sleek lines of this model had me. The dealer told me that it will be here soon and simply cannot wait.
But, but, but, if it isn’t a V8 it can’t be a “real” Mustang. :giggle:

OK, now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, yes the EB is going to be awesome. I put 51k miles on my 15’ and loved every minute of it. :like:

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I think the smile on the driver's face says it all.. I also ordered Premium Atlas Blue so it was nice to finally see one in the wild without the usual professional photo shoot. Coming from an 03 GT Vert, boy is there a lot of gadgets in the s650 !! Should keep me busy for a while! Nice review IMHO.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the smile on the driver's face says it all.. I also ordered Premium Atlas Blue so it was nice to finally see one in the wild without the usual professional photo shoot. Coming from an 03 GT Vert, boy is there a lot of gadgets in the s650 !! Should keep me busy for a while! Nice review IMHO.
If you’re like me, we will only know how to work 1/2 of the stuff Or less, when we sell it

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife said the same exact thing !!
She must be close to my age. 😂

Did you ever call yesterday and make sure they got your order in? I was reading today that they give you a 19 until you either put down a deposit or you’re ready to buy which is crap because, they sure don’t tell you that.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
She must be close to my age. 😂

Did you ever call yesterday and make sure they got your order in? I was reading today that they give you a 19 until you either put down a deposit or you’re ready to buy which is crap because, they sure don’t tell you that.

I did and they actually picked up at 7:55 EST. So the lady could not locate the order and advised me to speak to the dealer as sometimes the Order Code or Sales Code can change. So I emailed the salesmen and his first reply was something like "you won't see an email from Ford for a couple of weeks" , which from reading this group and others is BS. I responded back nicely letting him know it's normal to get the email within a couple of days, even the Ford lady told me that. So bottom line is he is going to check with his boss on Monday and get back to me. I'll update when I know more. Thanks again! Steve

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did and they actually picked up at 7:55 EST. So the lady could not locate the order and advised me to speak to the dealer as sometimes the Order Code or Sales Code can change. So I emailed the salesmen and his first reply was something like "you won't see an email from Ford for a couple of weeks" , which from reading this group and others is BS. I responded back nicely letting him know it's normal to get the email within a couple of days, even the Ford lady told me that. So bottom line is he is going to check with his boss on Monday and get back to me. I'll update when I know more. Thanks again! Steve
They sure do get them out right away when they get them. Mine was waiting for me when I got home from the dealer, once they got it worked out And the lady at Ford should’ve been able to tell you if they had anything on yours or not just by your code number email address, etc. They’re the ones that told me my code had to be put in there wrong

Let me know what you find out.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to laugh at the end of your message. I thought how did you know my husband ps name is Steve?😂🤦🏻‍♀️ him and me actually have same birthday December 20th, he is year older, then we had our 1st child on that day,9,lb 2 oz boy, not fun having a baby that big that many years ago, with nothing for pain, and then have a niece born that day as well

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I had to laugh at the end of your message. I thought how did you know my husband ps name is Steve?😂🤦🏻‍♀️ him and me actually have same birthday December 20th, he is year older, then we had our 1st child on that day,9,lb 2 oz boy, not fun having a baby that big that many years ago, with nothing for pain, and then have a niece born that day as well
That's great! Small world isn't it ?
Sponsored