• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
well, paint is done by robot, and your sworn enemy isn't the line worker as such (they are free to gouge and scratch panels) but the bean counters who think putting the least possible amount of paint on a likewise barely prepared panel is how you make a quality product.
Sponsored

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I’m more interesting in seeing how well the wrap is applied. If it’s anything like how they do vinyl stripes and graphics, there’s going to be a half an inch of uncovered gloss paint at the edge of every panel…

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
If you’re into that look cool I guess. Personally I prefer a nice glossy shine instead of looking like a primer coat.

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ‘22 Maverick, ‘23 Escape
Is giving paint time to cure no longer a thing?
Waiting until it gets to the dealer at least gives it a few weeks to cure.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
At least we can be happy that Ford is offering something. But I would not choose it either. I'd be more interested in the options for interior, exterior colors, more brake callipers colors etc. So far we are lacking a lot of options here in Europe which sucks.

Last edited:

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Camaro ZL1 (prev. 2019 Mustang GT; 2025?)
How much hell is it to remove a clear wrap several years down the line?

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
$5k+... NO

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See signature
My '23 BMW M4 is completely wrapped in stealth PPF. The shop that completed the work is top notch and they have worked on many of my vehicles. I can tell you it takes a LOT of time and a LOT of experience to get the job looking decent, and no matter what it requires several visits afterwards for proper care, edge touch up, and defect repair. This factory job is likely going to look like crap.

There is a big difference between satin finish and matte finish. I love satin finishes on certain cars because in person it brings out the contours and can make it look amazing. Matte finishes have never appealed to me and are what most people associate with the "primer and no paint" look.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
"To dare is to do."

I thought of that when reading this article. IDK. Factory assembly line, wrapping a football (pun intended) with matte wrap. Then the handling and shipping thereafter. And if there is an issue, hoping the receiving dealer is capable of working with wrap and doing a fine job.

I'd pass. Stripes? no problem. Something as difficult as wrap and the fineness of the materials, I prefer local. The 3Yr/36,000 warranty seems brief, in relation to the products available to me now.

Edit: I'm all for experimentation and welcome Ford offering new things. In this example, with respect to the S650, I'd like Ford to roll the $$$ used to support this option to better QC, correcting several of the issues tabled within 7G and less overall weight instead.
As someone who works for ford i seriously doubt some poor soul on the line is doing a wrap. They’re probably going to outsource it like they did the painted stripes on the GT500.

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT, Carbonized Gray
Now you can lock in those factory imperfections with a matte PPF with no ability to paint correct for only $5K! :cwl:

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
FYI
Recently published...

Is the 2024 Ford Dark Horse Matte Wrap the BEST new Mustang to BUY?

Sponsored