• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
2024 FORD MUSTANG UPS PERSONALIZATION WITH FACTORY MATTE CLEAR FILM

FEB 26, 2024 | DEARBORN
  • Available to order starting Feb. 27, optional new Matte Clear Film can be applied to any currently available Mustang paint color to produce a smooth, satin-like finish
  • Covered by Ford’s standard factory warranty, Matte Clear Film gives customers another way to personalize their Mustang and better paint protection than a vinyl wrap
  • Deliveries of Matte Clear Film for Mustang coupe to start in June 2024, available on Mustang convertible by year-end
DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 26, 2024 – Mustang customers have an all-new way to personalize their ride with the car’s first-ever factory Matte Clear Film, giving Mustang a stylish satin-like finish while also protecting the car’s paint.

Mustang Matte Clear Film joins other personalization options, including wheel choices, interior colors, contrasting seatbelts, factory painted brake calipers, and bold and exciting paint colors.

Matte Clear Film is available on all Mustang coupe models (EcoBoost, GT, and Dark Horse) and in all factory paint colors, with first deliveries slated to begin in June. It will be available on all Mustang convertible models in the fourth quarter of 2024.

“Mustang has been about driving freedom and freedom of expression for 60 years, and our new Matte Clear Film provides a whole new way for customers to make Mustang their own,” said Laurie Transou, Mustang Chief Program Engineer.

The 2024 Mustang Matte Clear Film is a product of PPG. It’s designed to withstand harsh detergents used at hand or touchless car washes, as well as road salt, bird droppings, bug splatter, and asphalt residue.

Available to order starting Feb. 27 and priced at $5,995, this new option comes with the same 3-year/36,000-mile factory warranty that applies to all 2024 Mustang cars.

Customers who order the Mustang Matte Clear Film for the Mustang Dark Horse will not get the standard Hood Accent Stripe or be able to select the Painted Racing Stripe; Matte Clear Film is not available with the GT California Special package, or the optional graphics packages on the Mustang EcoBoost and GT.

Graphic delete will also be a standalone item on the Mustang Dark Horse for customers who prefer a more under-the-radar appearance on the most track-capable 5.0-liter Mustang ever*.

*With the 2024 Dark Horse Handling Package.

S650 Mustang Factory Matte Clear Film Now Available For 2024 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang Matte Clear Film_13

S650 Mustang Factory Matte Clear Film Now Available For 2024 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang Matte Clear Film_6

S650 Mustang Factory Matte Clear Film Now Available For 2024 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang Matte Clear Film_8

S650 Mustang Factory Matte Clear Film Now Available For 2024 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang Matte Clear Film_2

S650 Mustang Factory Matte Clear Film Now Available For 2024 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang Matte Clear Film_4

S650 Mustang Factory Matte Clear Film Now Available For 2024 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang Matte Clear Film_7

S650 Mustang Factory Matte Clear Film Now Available For 2024 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang Matte Clear Film_14

S650 Mustang Factory Matte Clear Film Now Available For 2024 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang Matte Clear Film_16

S650 Mustang Factory Matte Clear Film Now Available For 2024 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang Matte Clear Film_Gloss Profile

S650 Mustang Factory Matte Clear Film Now Available For 2024 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang Matte Clear Film_15

S650 Mustang Factory Matte Clear Film Now Available For 2024 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang Matte Clear Film_18

S650 Mustang Factory Matte Clear Film Now Available For 2024 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang Matte Clear Film_17

S650 Mustang Factory Matte Clear Film Now Available For 2024 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang Matte Clear Film_11

S650 Mustang Factory Matte Clear Film Now Available For 2024 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang Matte Clear Film_1

S650 Mustang Factory Matte Clear Film Now Available For 2024 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang Matte Clear Film_9

S650 Mustang Factory Matte Clear Film Now Available For 2024 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang Matte Clear Film_3

S650 Mustang Factory Matte Clear Film Now Available For 2024 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang Matte Clear Film_12

S650 Mustang Factory Matte Clear Film Now Available For 2024 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang Matte Clear Film_5

S650 Mustang Factory Matte Clear Film Now Available For 2024 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang Matte Clear Film_10

S650 Mustang Factory Matte Clear Film Now Available For 2024 Mustang 2024 Ford Mustang Matte Clear Film_Matte Profile
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
"To dare is to do."

I thought of that when reading this article. IDK. Factory assembly line, wrapping a football (pun intended) with matte wrap. Then the handling and shipping thereafter. And if there is an issue, hoping the receiving dealer is capable of working with wrap and doing a fine job.

I'd pass. Stripes? no problem. Something as difficult as wrap and the fineness of the materials, I prefer local. The 3Yr/36,000 warranty seems brief, in relation to the products available to me now.

Edit: I'm all for experimentation and welcome Ford offering new things. In this example, with respect to the S650, I'd like Ford to roll the $$$ used to support this option to better QC, correcting several of the issues tabled within 7G and less overall weight instead.

Last edited:

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
"To dare is to do."

I thought of that when reading this article. IDK. Factory assembly line, wrapping a football (pun intended) with matte wrap. Then the handling and shipping thereafter. And if there is an issue, hoping the receiving dealer is capable of working with wrap and doing a fine job.

I'd pass. Stripes? no problem. Something as difficult as wrap and the fineness of the materials, I prefer local. The 3Yr/36,000 warranty seems brief, in relation to the products available to me now.
But is a ‘factory’ wrap an extra clear (in this case slightly duller and less prone to mar?) coat?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
But is a ‘factory’ wrap an extra clear (in this case slightly duller and less prone to mar?) coat?
It doesn't read that way. If the film was superior, I'd think the warranty for it would be longer or they'd provide more insight in the release.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've never really understood satin paint jobs. Why would you want your brand new car to look like something that's been baking in the Arizona sun for 20 years?
Instant nostalgia

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
yeah how about a paint job that was applied a couple extra microns and not inspected by interns from the School of the Blind?

Also I think the matte look would be better applied to selective panels and not the entire car. Not to mention an actual pro can apply paint correct AND film for what, half that?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah how about a paint job that was applied a couple extra microns and not inspected by interns from the School of the Blind?
Same guys that build the clocks for the public schools?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
do they even teach how to read one of those white things with the 2 arms that move around a central pivot?
Always got a kick out of it when it went two back to go one forward

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
do they even teach how to read one of those white things with the 2 arms that move around a central pivot?
Chicago Lighthouse Industries :

We Build Clocks AND we Change Lives

The Chicago Lighthouse has hand produced more than 6 MILLION high quality clocks. Each and every one built with pride by people who are blind or visually impaired!

We are the last major clock manufacturer in the US.

In 1977 under a program to provide meaningful employment to people who are blind, The Chicago Lighthouse was awarded a contract to build high quality clocks for the US Government and its agencies.

Today you don’t have to look very hard to see one of our iconic wall clocks. The Chicago Lighthouse has provided clocks to government offices, military bases, schools, embassies, factories and warehouses around the country and the globe.

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Who's excited for the convertible option rollout in Q4? That'll be storage time again just a few weeks into the quarter in my neighborhood.

I'm going with XPEL Ultimate Fusion PPF next week. I haven't done PPF since I had a line across the black hood of my '08 CTS, but I'm hopeful the whole-hood solution will be worth it. Installer says the hood vents won't be a problem - I hope that's the case. Definitely adding rocker panels / lower body with the way the summer tires grab gravel.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
Saw this today. I had a Lot of the same questions as others but this will probably do well...cost is high but having it off the dealer floor and financed with the car will help sell it. I imagine factory extended warranties will include this as well with the car if the film is on par with Xpel and others but Ford gets to monetize it even more. Dealers will have to start training and or hiring people with some skills in this area so maybe it could have an upside. I would consider ticking the box from convenience alone but would need to see the full details.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Matte paint was cool for like two years back in the late 00s

Mad gimmick
Sponsored