• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Extended Service Plans from Ford - any good?

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
I am not one for buying extended warranty plans as generally I don't think they are a good deal. In the case of this car, I am considering it given the tech and complexities and the fact I plan on keeping this car 8-10 years minimum.

My dealer recommended the Premium Care Plan along with the Ford Premium Maintenance Plan. Together that is around $4,800 for 96month/100K..

I am curious for anyone that has actually had the plans if you thought they were worth it and your experience.
Sponsored

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Get the Ford plans at Granger ford at $50 over cost. Check discussions on formn.

OP
OP

Tafische

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Get the Ford plans at Granger ford at $50 over cost. Check discussions on formn.
Thanks! I did see that. At this point I am really trying to decide if the plans or worth it. The thought of pickup/delivery and everything is covered is appealing even if somewhat expensive. I have been doing my own maintenance and oil changes forever, but the older I get the more I want to get out of that business. I just want to know that if I get both of those plans, everything but tires is pretty much covered.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I think Zack at Granger said that you can get within 30 days of receiving the car and then after that the price increased. It is fairly customizable.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I am not one for buying extended warranty plans as generally I don't think they are a good deal. In the case of this car, I am considering it given the tech and complexities and the fact I plan on keeping this car 8-10 years minimum.

My dealer recommended the Premium Care Plan along with the Ford Premium Maintenance Plan. Together that is around $4,800 for 96month/100K..

I am curious for anyone that has actually had the plans if you thought they were worth it and your experience.
Get it for the infotainment screens, if nothing else.

A lot of the mechanical features are tied to them, and I imagine they will be quite expensive to fix (and quite complex to DIY).

BTW, I'm only referring to the Extended Service Plan. The Maintenance Plan, I'm not convinced is worth it...

Last edited:

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon

We went through them all yesterday and turned them all down

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Thanks! I did see that. At this point I am really trying to decide if the plans or worth it. The thought of pickup/delivery and everything is covered is appealing even if somewhat expensive. I have been doing my own maintenance and oil changes forever, but the older I get the more I want to get out of that business. I just want to know that if I get both of those plans, everything but tires is pretty much covered.
I don’t trust too many of these kids working at these places anymore too do work on cars. Like high school drop outs are the only ones they hire. My husband took his diesel truck in for an oil change to the dealer. His jake brake. It Was working when he left to go up there, when he picked it back up, it no longer worked. This was just for an oil change. ??
In my opinion, they’re putting too many things on these vehicles anymore just more things to go wrong with them, too bad they don’t have anyone that can pretty much work on them when something does go bad. I liked the 70s when I learned how to drive, all you had to do was put gas in it check your gauge and let your dad change the oil

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
I just bought a 10 year 48,000 mile Ford warranty including light bulbs, a $15 option, for $740 by using my Ford Pass points. At almost 70, with 4 toy cars, I don't need more than 48,000 in 10 years. My S550 is a 2016 and just turned 40,000 and we took several long trips in it and will most likely use it as our trip car.
Sponsored