• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Europe order tracking?

Tebu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
So I've made an order through an european dealer. I have an order number (a few of them, 4 characters each) and full 17 characters VIN .

Is there a way to track the order without having to ping my dealer?

Things I've tried unsuccessfully so far:
- Using https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking : Order not found
- Use this tool: https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FMxxxxxxx : VIN not found
- Creating a ford pass account: I can add the VIN to my vehicles and it shows up, but the sections about "my reservations" and "my orders" do not show any info.

I'm comfortable with computers I've seen some threads mentioning the use of Chrome developer tools but no clue which site to use.

Any pointers?
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
With Gen 6 you could track your EU Mustang by using the Ford API, the web tools did nothing. But afaik Ford killed all the european connections years ago, so no tool can show you anything for export models

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
I would have to go back to how it was in 2015 but with the VIN you could go to cotus and follow the car (build date, shipping and stuff). I think they changed the websites but must still work with the VIN, I think the US guys use the first link you posted. So might take time to appear there, who knows.

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
With Gen 6 you could track your EU Mustang by using the Ford API, the web tools did nothing. But afaik Ford killed all the european connections years ago, so no tool can show you anything for export models
ah really we won't be able to track at all, only the dealership might be able to find something out?

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
ah really we won't be able to track at all, only the dealership might be able to find something out?
Yes, the european dealer can track the status with build date, estimated shipping and estimated arrival date. But in my experience most dealers will only call you once the car arrives at their lot and don't track your order regularly

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
Yes, the european dealer can track the status with build date, estimated shipping and estimated arrival date. But in my experience most dealers will only call you once the car arrives at their lot and don't track your order regularly
Ah sad that was cool with the first S550 to be able to follow precisely where the car was at. Back then I remember giving the link and the methodology to my sales guy, he was not aware of it. So I guess we will just have to wait...

Stegefal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered, not arrived yet
I remember giving the link and the methodology to my sales guy, he was not aware of it. So I guess we will just have to wait...
I did exactly the same, he couldn't believe I had more information than him, I suggested he jumped on the forums.....
Sponsored