• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Drove through a paint cloud in my new GT/CS!

JaxBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT/CS, 2023 Mazda Miata club, 2024 BMW M60I
This morning, I was driving my new one week old Mustang. A truck with a loaded trailer was in front of me, he ran off the road a few feet and hit a large hole, I saw an explosion of paint come up about 20-30 feet, no time to avoid it and it heavily splattered and peppered the front 2/3 of my car with paint. The guy refused to stop. I had to make a decision to turn around and get home quickly to see what I could do before the paint set too heavily. I just spent a large part of the day cleaning and detailing, I was able to get most all of it cleaned up since I had just put a ceramic lite coat on it, could have been bad if I not done the coating two days ago! Reapplied the ceramic coat and all is good!!!

S650 Mustang Drove through a paint cloud in my new GT/CS! 24 gt cs 1
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
This is exactly why I want to get PPF on the whole car...you just never know! So glad you got it all off. What a horrible experience, though!

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Vert, '06 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab
Glad for the positive outcome! I'm not usually a fan of white cars but yours is one of the best looking I've ever seen. The accents are just right.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Congrats on getting it cleaned up. Many years ago I was driving a new silver Z28 when I ran over an aerosol can of fluorescent orange paint, I think for marking roads. It ruptured and sprayed orange all down that side of the car. Took a good amount of rubbing with tar remover, clay, etc. to get it off.

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have done this before. Really is not that bad. I just washed the car as quickly as I could and then clay bar'd the next weekend and it got everything off.

Your coating might have made it easier to get off but not needed to get all of it off completely. I didn't have any problem getting paint off of cars that have no added protection.

The hard parts are the black textured trim.

Good job getting it cleaned up, I know it sucks when it happens.

OP
OP
JaxBill

JaxBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have done this before. Really is not that bad. I just washed the car as quickly as I could and then clay bar'd the next weekend and it got everything off.

Your coating might have made it easier to get off but not needed to get all of it off completely. I didn't have any problem getting paint off of cars that have no added protection.

The hard parts are the black textured trim.

Good job getting it cleaned up, I know it sucks when it happens.
Yes, the black textured trim was the hardest, the paint was easy due to the coating.
Looked really bad but cleaned up fairly easily!

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Where are the pics of the incident with paint on the car?
LOL or are those pics deleted from your memory already?
Glad everything ended up okay.

OP
OP
JaxBill

JaxBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where are the pics of the incident with paint on the car?
LOL or are those pics deleted from your memory already?
Glad everything ended up okay.
I was in such a rush to start cleaning hat I didn't think to take pictures, my son asked the same thing, wanted to see what it looked like. I am trying to forget what it looked like! I got all the paint off except the core support behind the grill, need to figure out how to reach it to clean it

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '00 Corvette
Thank goodness!

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I had that happen to another car I owned. They were spraying the yellow double line and the overspray was going everywhere, including on my blue car. I used a clay bar, very gently and it all came off easily. My biggest peeve is the sand haulers which have sand and rocks flying out of them cracking windshields.
Sponsored