• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Does anyone know what the difference in weight is between a standard GT and one with the performance pack or how it might impact acceleration?

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I like everything the performance pack adds but I'm more interested in drag racing than road racing and it is an expensive option so I'm wondering if it makes sense for me to get it or not. I'm guessing it might be one of those situations where acceleration isn't affected because what you gain in weight with the performance pack you make up for with better tires and gearing. Any insights will be appreciated :)
Sponsored

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Same interest… no perf pack for me.
I’ll slap a DH spoiler on for aesthetics and do my own springs.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
If you care about aesthetics it does change what wheels and tires you get. Of course if you're going to put drag radials on anyway it probably won't matter much.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Just stiffer springs, wider tires and shorter gears

Edit: I've also been wondering if they corrected the wheel hop issues from the S550 with some better bushings or something
Sponsored