• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Does anyone else despise the warning chimes?

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
This has gotten to the point that I've heard them in movies or TV shows and cringe like Pavlov's dog.

I have occasionally browsed other forums and they seem to be annoying others enough that they tinker with things with the FORScan tool.

Alas, I have better things to do than spend more than a couple of my remaining brain cells on them. Like post here complaining about them.

Supposedly the do-do-do at startup is a beltminder and can be avoided by fastening the seatbelt prior to starting. Does anyone actually do that?

The door chimes can be turned off on certain vehicles like the F150.

IMO, the main problem is Ford has a Vehicle Harmony division staffed with woke type, tick turds that live for and some how actually get paid to create this noise pollution. (Warning you can't unsee the things on the link above)

Like average Joe car owner would ever take the time to learn and appreciate each tone and countless wasted hours put into creating them? Ummmm, no.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled dude, where is my car programming.
Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Personally I treat the chime as a meet and greet with the car.

Get in, start up, hear the do-do-do sound you are referring to, click seatbelt, drop the convertible roof, put in drive and never think of it again.

Never thought this chime would be a point of conversation. Now if we are talking about programming the car so that at startup without seatbelt the chime would actually be something like "OHHH YEAHHHH said the way the Kool-Aid Man would say, that would be pretty neat. 🤣

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Why is “woke” the one thing that triggered you out of his whole diatribe lol
ha ha.

The “triggered” response. Predictable.

The word woke is so grossly misused and misunderstood by users for the most part. This use case above comes across as very obsequious.

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
This has gotten to the point that I've heard them in movies or TV shows and cringe like Pavlov's dog.

I have occasionally browsed other forums and they seem to be annoying others enough that they tinker with things with the FORScan tool.

Alas, I have better things to do than spend more than a couple of my remaining brain cells on them. Like post here complaining about them.

Supposedly the do-do-do at startup is a beltminder and can be avoided by fastening the seatbelt prior to starting. Does anyone actually do that?

IMO, the main problem is Ford has a Vehicle Harmony division staffed with woke type, tick turds that live for and some how actually get paid to create this noise pollution. (Warning you can't unsee the things on the link above)

Like average Joe car owner would ever take the time to learn and appreciate each tone and countless wasted hours put into creating them? Ummmm, no.

You haven't got time for Forscan but you have got time for a long ranting post about something?

Of course I put my seatbelt on before starting up - 'who doesn't' as you would say?

'Woke tick turds' - charming

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
Certain European countries have strict laws about sitting in the driver seat. Two that I recall:
  1. You can’t start the engine if you don’t have a seat belt on
  2. You can’t seat in the driver seat (engine on or off) if you are intoxicated
I haven’t heard people actually being ticketed for it but technically they could be. I know it did change my seating/clicking/cranking routine.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Certain European countries have strict laws about sitting in the driver seat. Two that I recall:
  1. You can’t start the engine if you don’t have a seat belt on
  2. You can’t seat in the driver seat (engine on or off) if you are intoxicated
I haven’t heard people actually being ticketed for it but technically they could be. I know it did change my seating/clicking/cranking routine.
In the UK there are rules on seatbelts when driving, although there are a few exceptions for delivery drivers doing short hops of less than 50m etc.

Intoxication is covered by two separate laws, 'Drunk in charge' when not driving or Drink driving when actually driving (engine on)

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s

Yes I hate them in My 2022 Expedition, hated them in my 2018 Expedition, and I am sure I will hate them in my 2024 DH. Maybe a software update will let me change them sometime!?! Seems like it would be easy to do. Customizable sounds would be amazing! Like changing your tones on your phone but better!

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
There is so much to be grateful for every moment we're alive, but there are also surely things that as human beings we can't help being dismayed by. Things that are so important, so painful and unfair that we can't help being saddened or angry and frustrated by them.

Car chimes may not make the former list, but they sure as fuck don't make the latter.

OP
OP
mcky2011

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
The point of my rant is there is too much going on that is unnecessary.

I don't need chimes, bongs, any other noise or light to safely operate a motor vehicle and the Ford approach is a bit over the top. I say this as driver of their products for the last 10 years.

I have literally millions of miles driven safely, both commercially and in military vehicles without any thing more than a backup alarm and those, it seems the entire world disregards.

I do not want to alter factory software any more than I want to use internet forums for petty arguments.

If the modern warning systems are your thing more power to you.

I do not want, nor do I need them and would prefer Ford reduce operating costs by removing people who over complicate a simple operation.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I just hop in and go right along with the DO-DO-DO... DO- DO- DO-... Hell, some times I do it before I even unlock the car.....:like:

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
The people who get driven up a wall by the car chiming at startup are probably the same people who leave the seatbelt fastened and sit on it.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Tell me you don't like wearing your seatbelt without telling me you don't like wearing your seatbelt....
Sponsored