• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
I haven’t looked close at mine yet, but couldn’t you just rip these things out with long needle nose pliers without cutting any of the plastic retainers out? Or are the filters too stiff?
Sponsored

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Also the increased airflow does make an audible whistling noise at the intake. I’m guessing it has to do with the limited amount of air the stock grill allows into the channeled intakes because of the filled in honeycombs in the grill that would be much more efficient if they were not closed off.

BLUEZL600EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Covertible
I haven’t looked close at mine yet, but couldn’t you just rip these things out with long needle nose pliers without cutting any of the plastic retainers out? Or are the filters too stiff?
Yes Sir that's how I got mine out. you basically just unscrew/unwind them. I did not cut any internal plastic.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Smog tests are looking at the exhaust system, not the air intake.

Not in Cali, a CAI without a CARB EO# is instant fail.,

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Not in Cali, a CAI without a CARB EO# is instant fail.,
and that's why i wouldnt wish my worst enemy to live in California. no fun allowed

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
and that's why i wouldnt wish my worst enemy to live in California. no fun allowed

Fun is allowed, it just has to have a CARB EO#. With the new S650 this is going to be a common thing with OTA updates and Ford seeing what software being installed on the car.

My 2020 GT has the Ford Performance Power kit and it has a CARB EO#.

BTW, I grew up in Mesa and graduated HS in Phoenix.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do they open the airbox?

If you go to a standard test center, probably not as of yet. If you get sent to a referee, I would say yes. The 2024 just came out, I think as these these become more prevalent it wouldn't surprise me. Keep in mind, new vehicles don't have to smogged for 6 yrs. before the first inspection, I believe by then they will open up the airbox to check.

If I get a 2024 I would just purchase new elbows with the HC traps in there to install during inspection.

mvpdj2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT; 2005 Roush Mustang w/Kenne Bell S
Reading some of these replies about removing the honeycomb filter is confusing. Cold Air Intakes don't have these filters so why are we making it a big deal about vapors. This can't be just a '24 concern. My '05 at the time had a paper filter as well. I still have the car 19 years later and no issues. I think we are over thinking the purpose, warranty concerns and hurting the car.

jimgt2k24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 silver GT 401A, auto, act exh, perf pkg, nite
New EPA rule for 2024 models?

Reading some of these replies about removing the honeycomb filter is confusing. Cold Air Intakes don't have these filters so why are we making it a big deal about vapors. This can't be just a '24 concern. My '05 at the time had a paper filter as well. I still have the car 19 years later and no issues. I think we are over thinking the purpose, warranty concerns and hurting the car.

NVPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
I have a 24 manual pp. had the x pipe installed. Resonator removed. Install K&N high flow filters (sold as a dual pack by K&N). Then removed the hydro carbon filters.
I can confirm it sounds way more wicked. More pops. More musical. More bad arse. And it definitely pulls harder. Noticeably harder. Don’t care what the Dyno says. These 2 mods. X pipe and filters/HC removal is a must do. Should cost under $500

LoWeLL216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have a 24 manual pp. had the x pipe installed. Resonator removed. Install K&N high flow filters (sold as a dual pack by K&N). Then removed the hydro carbon filters.
I can confirm it sounds way more wicked. More pops. More musical. More bad arse. And it definitely pulls harder. Noticeably harder. Don’t care what the Dyno says. These 2 mods. X pipe and filters/HC removal is a must do. Should cost under $500
I want this to be true... Only thing I've done on mine so far outside of cosmetics is an H-pipe.

LoWeLL216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I want this to be true... Only thing I've done on mine so far outside of cosmetics is an H-pipe.
Sponsored