• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Did they leave your shipping blocks on too?

Tuxonspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse
Took delivery of my dark horse but it looked like it had a lift kit on it šŸ˜‚

Checked my front springs and sure enough the shipping blocks were left on the car.

after taking them out, the suspension settled and dropped around an inch!

Make sure to check yours!!

Sponsored

Fireracer17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Dark Horse
I had my Dark Horse in the shop for my first oil change at 1000k and noticed the yellow blocks in my from springs. I canā€™t believe the Dealer keeps missing this PID item!!

S650 Mustang Did they leave your shipping blocks on too? IMG_7329

S650 Mustang Did they leave your shipping blocks on too? IMG_7333

Miles George

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 t
So I received my dark horse right before Thanksgiving and have driven it very little because the town I live in has lots little rocks on the road and the Perelliā€™s that came on it are very sticky tires ,so it was finally time to get some new tires on the car and while It was jacked up the guy asked me if I knew that it still had the shipping blocks on it.
Of course my answer was what and no. Iā€™ve only driven the car 1700 miles and thought it was a rough ride ,and yes, it looks like it had a little lift on it on it as well.
Here is four pictures two of them with the blocks and the other two are before and after, and thereā€™s quite a difference in the space between the tire and the fender now.
After replacing the tires, the ride is so much more enjoyable now,which I knew it would be. So If you bought your car at a small dealership that does not receive a lot of sports cars. You might want to look underneath and check.

S650 Mustang Did they leave your shipping blocks on too? IMG_0219

S650 Mustang Did they leave your shipping blocks on too? IMG_0239

S650 Mustang Did they leave your shipping blocks on too? IMG_0212

S650 Mustang Did they leave your shipping blocks on too? IMG_0197 Copy

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
So I received my dark horse right before Thanksgiving and have driven it very little because the town I live in has lots little rocks on the road and the Perelliā€™s that came on it are very sticky tires ,so it was finally time to get some new tires on the car and while It was jacked up the guy asked me if I knew that it still had the shipping blocks on it.
Of course my answer was what and no. Iā€™ve only driven the car 1700 miles and thought it was a rough ride ,and yes, it looks like it had a little lift on it on it as well.
Here is four pictures two of them with the blocks and the other two are before and after, and thereā€™s quite a difference in the space between the tire and the fender now.
After replacing the tires, the ride is so much more enjoyable now,which I knew it would be. So If you bought your car at a small dealership that does not receive a lot of sports cars. You might want to look underneath and check.

IMG_0219.jpeg

IMG_0239.jpeg

IMG_0212.jpeg

IMG_0197 Copy.jpeg
Get used to it, the new techs could care less about these types of cars. The sales and service departments are clueless for the most part unless you personally know a senior tech. I'm sure some dealers are ok, but it's rare these days.

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
Get used to it, the new techs could care less about these types of cars. The sales and service departments are clueless for the most part unless you personally know a senior tech. I'm sure some dealers are ok, but it's rare these days.
Luckily we have forum like this we can throw shit against the wall. Maybe the tech stuff will be in someone's wheelhouse. Other than that on the mechanical end, it's best to learn how to turn some wrenches and be safe.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Took delivery of my dark horse but it looked like it had a lift kit on it šŸ˜‚

Checked my front springs and sure enough the shipping blocks were left on the car.

after taking them out, the suspension settled and dropped around an inch!

Make sure to check yours!!

Could you please list the stuff you used on your car to make that shine, list step by step on what did to it would be appreciated!

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
What is the purpose of the Shipping Block's?
I donā€™t have a clue what the 2024 Mustangs are shipped with?

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
What is the purpose of the Shipping Block's?
I donā€™t have a clue what the 2024 Mustangs are shipped with?
It's for transport the dealer is supposed to remove them. Also supposed to attach the strakes on pp and dh. Just something to check when you pick up your Mustang.
Sponsored