• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
Hey. First time Ford buyer here. I set up a FordPass account. How do i like my order to my account, and do i have to do that before i take delivery?

OP
OP
Decio

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Hey. First time Ford buyer here. I set up a FordPass account. How do i like my order to my account, and do i have to do that before i take delivery?
Your sales rep will tale care of all of that for you. All you need to do is:

Download the app from Google Play or iTunes
Create an account (or log in)
Enter whatever info required to create the account
Take delivery and give it a day or so
That's it!

S650 Mustang Decio's 5.0 Convertible! Screenshot_20230906_221243_FordPass

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.

That's it!

Screenshot_20230906_221243_FordPass.jpg
awesome. Thank you!

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon

That's it!

Screenshot_20230906_221243_FordPass.jpg
They told us it would be about 45 days and we haven’t seen anything yet

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
F150 Shopping lol….was ready to pull the trigger and Ford raised rates so no go.
NO😭 I can help you find what you’re looking for, if you just tell me everything you want and how much you wanna spend I’ll find it for you.
Well, I thought is raising the rates, wouldn’t that apply to the truck as well? We need to get a dodge ram with a Cummins. We always had Ford trucks, so hubby got a Dodge last time and he loves it.

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT
Finally took delivery this afternoon after another 3 hour wait in the dealer's showroom after being told it would be ready by 2:00. Lots of registration headaches trying to reactivate my custom vanity plate I took off my Chevy in March. I have a generic MA plate on there now and left without an inspection sticker just to get going. I'll put my special GT plate on there in March when I reregister before the plate's 365-day expiration in my state.

Coming from a 2012 S197 V6 all I can say is WOW! Exterior, interior, all of it.

Other posts asked about:
  • inserts for the convertible - mine were in the trunk (have not tried yet). Bag had two stickers on it "PSCW102" and "PR3B-16A315-AA" but neither one seems to be a valid Ford part number. Fake news - those were underbody strakes that were supposed to be installed by the dealer during step 3 of PDI. Ordered aftermarket for S550 and will test fitment. I wasn't able to get the S550 inserts to fit, but I will accept that I'm just doing it wrong. In any event, after learning more about convertible top damage in previous model years, I'm not looking for these any more.

• Windshield screen - S550 cover fits just fine. Got mine from CJ Pony Parts for far less than Ford for the same product and part number. Ford Part VJR3Z-78519A02-A

• B & O sound system - had the volume at 20 (out of 30?) on the highway with the top down and track mode exhaust and it was loud, crisp, and clear. Didn't mess with any settings yet - trying to keep the screen clean for a day at least! Definitely keep a microfiber cloth on board for fingerprints! No real glare issues.

• Ext. Warranty - I contacted Granger direct and they confirmed the prices are accurate on the website and come with what is offered in the brochure. My dealer said that was impossible and pressured me to buy from them for hundreds more.
    • I wasn't pitched the maintenance plan, but that have to be a really impressive price point to make it worthwhile for me. Keep your service records from other ASE certified shops and you'll be fine. If you do a DIY repair, save the parts receipts but be prepared for a little pushback (my experience with GM and a third-party warranty anyway).
    • I went with Premiumcare $0 deductible 10 years 60k miles @ $1,410 + enhanced rental limits + interior/exterior lighting for a total of $1,525. Granger Link They prompt you right at checkout to use any Fordpass points you might have. My points posted within 24 hours. In my case, 42,000 points would have taken $210 off of the bill.
  • X-Plan - without a doubt get it and save thousands. Please don't pay ADM!! (DH is another story) Read other posts here about joining MCA.

• Insurance - $530 for 6 months (collision + more than state minimum coverage)
My highlight of the day was messing with friends and family. With the engine running and the fob in my pocket, I told people to say loudly to the car "WAKE UP FORD" followed by "MAKE SOME NOISE" within a few seconds as I discretely operated the remote rev feature on the fob. I wish I took video of some of the reactions - priceless! I highly recommend it if you're a terrible person like me.

For everyone waiting to take delivery - hang in there. As was said here earlier, it's worth it!!

Might have to take it in for service. Somehow the gas gauge is already at 3/4. Must be a glitch...

wer.jpg

20230905_160758.jpg

20230905_160804.jpg

20230905_160813.jpg

20230905_160829.jpg

20230905_201731.jpg

20230905_201800.jpg
May I please grab the part number for them wheels to fit on me S550.

OP
OP
Decio

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
May I please grab the part number for them wheels to fit on me S550.
I'm sorry. I don't have a part number for the wheels. They came standard on the GT with performance pack. If you go to the build and price page on Ford's website, you might find more information there.

Boykin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible; 2015 Mustang Ecoboost
The convertible top gap filler panels are part numbers PR3Z-7631005-CA AND PR3Z-7631004CA. Called my salesperson and requested the parts based on the part numbers which Stratman397 had posted (and which turned out to be the underbody air strakes). Without any question, the salesperson determined the correct parts, sent me the part numbers for future reference, and mailed the parts to me. Had a great salesperson in Kim Herring at Herlong Ford in Edgefield, SC.

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
The convertible top gap filler panels are part numbers PR3Z-7631005-CA AND PR3Z-7631004CA. Called my salesperson and requested the parts based on the part numbers which Stratman397 had posted (and which turned out to be the underbody air strakes). Without any question, the salesperson determined the correct parts, sent me the part numbers for future reference, and mailed the parts to me. Had a great salesperson in Kim Herring at Herlong Ford in Edgefield, SC.
Have you received and tried installing the filler panels yet?

Boykin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible; 2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Have you received and tried installing the filler panels yet?
I have received the filler panels and they appear to fit. I have not driven down the highway with them yet so I can’t confirm that they won’t blow off. But they look to fit appropriately.

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
I have received the filler panels and they appear to fit. I have not driven down the highway with them yet so I can’t confirm that they won’t blow off. But they look to fit appropriately.
Thanks, I keep debating the purchase. I understand that additional foam was supposed to be added to the back as an update to keep them from damaging the tops fabric.
Sponsored