• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Convertible?

OP
OP

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost premium
Thanks for the input guys, i have a HTC currently now, but the mustang will be my DD, the last soft top was a 2002 z28. It was kind of ratty and a little cramped when the top was closed.
Im going to look at a 2022 mustang convertible to see how it feels inside with the top closed, as compared to my 17 ecoboost coupe. Being in Maine, i anticipate more than 70% driving with the top closed. I agree that i like the style/look of the coupe vs the ragtop but have wished 2 things about my current ecoboost, wished it was 8 cylinders and wished it was a vert. If im going to order new i want to get everything I’ve “wished” for

so you do NOT get a spoiler with a convertible, even if you get the PP? I do not see why?
Sponsored

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
Thanks for the input guys, i have a HTC currently but the last soft top was a 2002 z28. It was kind of ratty and a little cramped when the top was closed. Im going to look at a 2022 mustang convertible to see how it feels inside with the top closed, as compared to my 17 ecoboost coupe.

so you do NOT get a spoiler with a convertible, even if you get the PP? I do not see why?
Radio antenna on the right rear fender.

ItsRoyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 mustang
You have the option for a low profile "spoiler" on the vert. I opted for that but might look into something after market

OP
OP

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So i took a new 2022 out for a test ride this morning, sounded fantastic looked great they offered my 20k for my ecoboost and 0% financing. The soft top looked good on the black and with it closed there was minimal noise, probably because of the 8 cylinder rumble… which sounded great…

probably still want to wait on a 2024 but it was tempting…

S650 Mustang Convertible? IMG_6019

S650 Mustang Convertible? IMG_6023

AZMustangMama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Convertible
Convertibles are right for some people but if you have never experienced one, you might want to check one out before you buy. They are not as secure as a hard top and can be opened with a sharp knife. There is more road noise because effectively the top is always down. Depending on where you live, there might not be much top down weather. I am in Arizona with winters and summers that are top up. Only a few months in the spring and fall are top down weather.

You might consider renting one for a week and see if you are a convertible person. If you are, go with it. As for me, I am definitely a hard top person.
HI Dena- I am in Arizona also.. this will be my third convertible. I love putting it down, but have to definitely watch for bugs! I do put mine down a lot, especially coming home from work.

OP
OP

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So just to update, after taking a 2022 gt convertible for a test ride, initially just to see how the inside of a rag top vert would ride feel and sound… i ended up buying the leftover 2022.
So sadly, for now, i am out of the new mustang market.
i kinda fell in love with the car and bought it…
Ill miss my ecoboost it was one of the best cars ive ever owned.. handled great was quick as can be, i just missed
The 8 cylinder rumble…

S650 Mustang Convertible? IMG_6092

S650 Mustang Convertible? IMG_6091

S650 Mustang Convertible? IMG_6094

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
congratulations!

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
So just to update, after taking a 2022 gt convertible for a test ride, initially just to see how the inside of a rag top vert would ride feel and sound… i ended up buying the leftover 2022.
Ill miss my ecoboost it was one of the best cars ive ever owned.. handled great was quick as can be, i just missed
The 8 cylinder rumble…
Nothing wrong with a 2023. I actually like the body style a little more than the 2024. On the other hand, when I bought my last car, I asked for any color other than green. I ended up with Pacific green which I lived with for 27 years. Naturally I nick named my car Kermit after the song "It ain't easy being green".
I hope you have many enjoyable miles with it.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
The 8 cylinder rumble…

IMG_6091.jpeg
Beautiful car. I don't blame you for picking it up. I test drove a used 22 and nearly bought it. Love those wheels by the way!