• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dealer Can't Resolve Backseat Area Rattling

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
I've posted about interior noises before, but I've mostly ignored them. The big one that bothers me most is in the back seat, most noticeable in Sport or Track Modes, that happens when I go over any kinds of bumps. It seems to be coming from the area where the rear seatbelts extend from back of the car.

The car has been at the dealer going on two weeks, as I took it in initially for the issue of the car not starting that one time. And today, they texted me that they cannot pinpoint the noise but think it could be the seatbelt rattling against the B-pillar. They said I could pick it up today.

So... is that typical for the dealer to just throw up their hands after that long and not try to repair the issue? I know dealers like to do the bare minimum. I can live with the rattle, but it's annoying and shouldn't be an issue to begin with.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I would push them to fix it or try another dealer. If no one can fix it that’s what lemon laws are for.

From what I’ve seen, you do not have to pay for these lawyers they end up being reimbursed the manufacturer.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I've posted about interior noises before, but I've mostly ignored them. The big one that bothers me most is in the back seat, most noticeable in Sport or Track Modes, that happens when I go over any kinds of bumps. It seems to be coming from the area where the rear seatbelts extend from back of the car.

The car has been at the dealer going on two weeks, as I took it in initially for the issue of the car not starting that one time. And today, they texted me that they cannot pinpoint the noise but think it could be the seatbelt rattling against the B-pillar. They said I could pick it up today.

So... is that typical for the dealer to just throw up their hands after that long and not try to repair the issue? I know dealers like to do the bare minimum. I can live with the rattle, but it's annoying and shouldn't be an issue to begin with.
Good afternoon. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this rattle noise concern on my end? Thanks!

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I would push them to fix it or try another dealer. If no one can fix it that’s what lemon laws are for.

From what I’ve seen, you do not have to pay for these lawyers they end up being reimbursed the manufacturer.
Keep in mind, that lemon laws vary by state and you have to meet certain conditions to qualify before moving forward.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
You're not going to be successful with a lemon law buyback for a NVH issue (rattle).

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
On my Jeep my air bag light came on. Took it in twice for it and they said "we can't figure it out"

So basically they told me my driver seat side air bag won't work and they can't figure out why. Have a nice day.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
For some reason i want to say there was another similar thread and i’ll have to see if it was the one with a bum shock.

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
Some have a defective shock. For me it was rocks stuck/floating on top of the under body cover.

Reactions: Dxm
OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For some reason i want to say there was another similar thread and i’ll have to see if it was the one with a bum shock.
Correct. I read through that thread in recent weeks. In their case it was a shock issue.

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
The holes in the aft area of the front wheel well are perfect for rock and debris to enter the underbody. Get all the stuff out of there and seal the holes.

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
There is no lemon law for a backseat rattle.

Pmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
There is no lemon law for a backseat rattle.
It says for IL it needs a few unsuccessful attempts or so many days on the shop.

Either way, OP can look up basic lemon law requirements for their state and call a lawyer for free advice if it meets what is listed. I would not deal with a rattle like that after paying new car prices.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
is the rattle Metalic? i have one in the rear right side that sounds slightly metalic and i thing its the seatbelt inside of the plastic garnish/housing. ive found if i reach back and push on that area with a little force, it quiets it down pretty good, for a little while anyways.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
Check the seatbelt stays attached to the side of the passenger seat. That's what was rattling for me. Dealer just fixed it. Unfortunately they did not fix my alignment that has been off from the factory. I don't know if they just didn't do it (says they did) but wheel is still cocked right.

OP
OP
The Ghost

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I picked the car up today. They couldn't consistently replicate the rattle and were unable to pinpoint where it was coming from. The way it was explained to me, to do the labor of tearing into the car they'd have to get approval from Ford, and without being able to tell Ford there was a definite issue that they knew how to address, they would not be able to get that approval. They were nice, and I understand where they're coming from, but in the meantime, I'll have to live with and ignore it. The car is still amazing, and I'm happy to have it back after nearly two weeks. (Second time it's been gone for two weeks after having them repair the door hitting the fender in December.)
Sponsored