• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dash electronics

GKman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
How reliable do you think the electronic dash will be and will the dealer be able to fix/replace?
Sponsored

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
How reliable do you think the electronic dash will be and will the dealer be able to fix/replace?
Dealer will fix while under warranty, only time will tell on how long it lasts after that. I have old LCD devices that still function flawlessly, so if the components are strong along with the ability for Ford to push OTA updates, should be fine for awhile. Everything has a shelf life these days though

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yeah, no one knows how reliable any electronics will be now a days.

The dealer can almost always replace any part on the vehicle no matter if it is under warranty or not.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
With no moving parts it will be more reliable than mechanical dials. Look at the reliability of Sync screens, most just keep on working until the car is scrapped. 2018 on S550's had digital screens - they seem to be holding up just fine.

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
Its not the screen itself that concerns me, its the APIM, FCIM and ACM that make it all work. I have been at my dealership 5 years and have customers on their 4th APIM, and ouit of warranty they are a $1,500 replacement. Whatever supplier makes them for Ford ought to have their asses whipped for their inability to provide a robust product after all these years.
I love my '24, and its the 8th Mustang that I've owned, but quality is Job None!

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Do yourselves a favor, and get a Ford Premium Care extended warranty. If not for the electronics alone on these cars.

SSuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Grabber Blue, 2007 Mustang
THIS ^^^^. Buy the longest duration that they offer if you plan on keeping the car, you WILL get your money's worth out of it. I do $10K plus each week worth of work from various extended service contracts, and contrary to what some on the forum may say, there are other good providers, Endurance and Vision being among the best.

CDNV8S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future owner S650 GT PREM
i kept refusing the upsell items, rust proof, warranty, tints etc. Until they came down. In the end they offered 84 months for $2,000. Fully refundable aswell if i dont make a claim. So i considered it an investment and pulled the trigger on extra warranty.

3 years up to 7 now for $2,000 and refundable! is possible😜
Sponsored