• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Renegade561

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 dark horse
Well guys I picked up my beautiful black dark horse HP on Friday. Drove 3 hours to pick it up and drove it back home. Been in love with it.

Problem today, driving around I was getting kinda stuffy in the sun. Tried to turn the AC on and it doesn’t work. Just blows cool air. Also, I noticed my tire PSI was around 40 all around which isn’t good either. I have about 300 miles on this thing now. I hope it hasn’t ruined the tires. Anyway, before picking up I sent a checklist to the dealer to check including the tire Psi and he stated everything was fine. They did replace the battery thank goodness as it was low. But I’m wondering if they even checked anything else at all.

I’m worried to drive it now until I get it to the dealer. I’d like to bring to my local Ford dealer in town as I don’t want to drive 3 hours to get this checked out but not sure what to do. Hopefully not a start of bad things with the AC not working.

Attached are some pics for now. But I’m really hoping this is just a quick fix and I can continue to enjoy this beautiful car of mine. Named her Natasha after the Black Widow from Marvel btw.

S650 Mustang Dark Horse pickup IMG_5823

S650 Mustang Dark Horse pickup Image0

S650 Mustang Dark Horse pickup IMG_5824
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
The tire pressure comes up fast and high. My tires are set reasonably close but just a few miles will bring them up 4 pounds. I haven't checked them with extended freeway drive but I suspect they might come up even more. I have it configured on the center console and the results are interesting.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Congratulations on getting Natasha, she’s a beauty. Do not worry about driving the car. Your tires are fine. 40lbs is nothing. Just adjust them to 33 cold and go drive. As far as the AC hopefully it is nothing serious. Just get it over to your local dealer to have them check it out.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Tried to turn the AC on and it doesn’t work. Just blows cool air.
Congrats on getting the ride home.

I suspect you mean "hot air." Sorry to read it isn't working. Hopefully, it will be an easy fix at the dealer.

I wouldn't worry about the tires. Taken to the end of their life, 40 psi / 2.75 bar would have resulted in the center treads wearing too soon. But 300? Fuggetabouit.

What any new Owner can do: 1) buy a nice tire gauge and 2) tread depth gauge. Over time, they'll confirm your alignment (free in first year if needing adjusting) and pressures are meeting expectations.

I've been using the following and have been pleased with both.

https://www.autometer.com/performance-analog-tire-pressure-gauge.html

https://miltonindustries.com/products/tire-tread-depth-gauge

Last edited:

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
Congrats! More like Darth Vader to me…

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Congrats! I hope your problems are fixed in good time! Ngl, when I read the title right away I thought of a rendering of a DH ute. Or a project similar to the M4 ute
S650 Mustang Dark Horse pickup bmw-m4-pickup-truck-14

Lmw34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Well guys I picked up my beautiful black dark horse HP on Friday. Drove 3 hours to pick it up and drove it back home. Been in love with it.
Problem today, driving around I was getting kinda stuffy in the sun. Tried to turn the AC on and it doesn’t work. Just blows cool air. Also, I noticed my tire PSI was around 40 all around which isn’t good either. I have about 300 miles on this thing now. I hope it hasn’t ruined the tires. Anyway, before picking up I sent a checklist to the dealer to check including the tire Psi and he stated everything was fine. They did replace the battery thank goodness as it was low. But I’m wondering if they even checked anything else at all. I’m worried to drive it now until I get it to the dealer. I’d like to bring to my local Ford dealer in town as I don’t want to drive 3 hours to get this checked out but not sure what to do. Hopefully not a start of bad things with the AC not working.
Attached are some pics for now. But I’m really hoping this is just a quick fix and I can continue to enjoy this beautiful car of mine. Named her Natasha after the Black Widow from Marvel btw.

View attachment 571142

Image0.jpeg

IMG_5824.jpeg
Nice.. you should also take that sweet heritage edition bronco home as well!

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
The tires are rated for up to 44 psi working pressure, so you have nothing to worry about there. Get the AC looked at immediately!

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse

Problem today, driving around I was getting kinda stuffy in the sun. Tried to turn the AC on and it doesn’t work. Just blows cool air. Also, I noticed my tire PSI was around 40 all around which isn’t good either. I have about 300 miles on this thing now. I hope it hasn’t ruined the tires. Anyway, before picking up I sent a checklist to the dealer to check including the tire Psi and he stated everything was fine. They did replace the battery thank goodness as it was low. But I’m wondering if they even checked anything else at all.

I’m worried to drive it now until I get it to the dealer. I’d like to bring to my local Ford dealer in town as I don’t want to drive 3 hours to get this checked out but not sure what to do. Hopefully not a start of bad things with the AC not working.

IMG_5823.jpg

Image0.jpeg

IMG_5824.jpeg
I have exactly what you have except for few options but the outside appearance is exactly the same! Awesome, ain’t it?

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
That is a nice looking Mustang, congrats!!

Project6GR Wheels

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R

IMG_5823.jpg

Image0.jpeg

IMG_5824.jpeg
Looks killer! Congratulations !

VELGEN WHEELS

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 /DH
CONGRATS on the purchase. The DH looks awesome in black. Hope you plan on ceramic coating that thing after you get everything fixed from the dealer.

OP
OP

Renegade561

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 dark horse
CONGRATS on the purchase. The DH looks awesome in black. Hope you plan on ceramic coating that thing after you get everything fixed from the dealer.
Yes Ceramic coating ,tint, and PPF are next on the list. As well as new tires and rims so I can save these Pirelli for track days whenever I get a chance to go.
Any thoughts on what spots are must haves for PPF treatment? I’d rather not do the whole car but I will if it’s needed.
Car goes to dealer on Wednesday for AC and alignment check. Hopefully not a big deal to get this thing working quickly and correctly.
Will give you guys an update.

VELGEN WHEELS

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 /DH
Yes Ceramic coating ,tint, and PPF are next on the list. As well as new tires and rims so I can save these Pirelli for track days whenever I get a chance to go.
Any thoughts on what spots are must haves for PPF treatment? I’d rather not do the whole car but I will if it’s needed.
Car goes to dealer on Wednesday for AC and alignment check. Hopefully not a big deal to get this thing working quickly and correctly.
Will give you guys an update.

I normally do the front clip only on the PPF. Front Bumper / Headlights / Hood / Fenders / Side mirrors. I don't think the whole car is needed. Can't wait to see more pictures.
Sponsored