• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Custom painted engine cover

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I really could have done without the drivers side can. It has never collected a drop.

The passenger side collects a reasonable amount of junk.
Dirty side how frequently?

I have only 400 miles on mine. Taking the can off is going to be a PIA. Very tight space.

OP
OP

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Dirty side how frequently?

I have only 400 miles on mine. Taking the can off is going to be a PIA. Very tight space.
I have been checking mine every 1000 to 1500 miles. It’s always had a ounce or two in it.

• Wow
Reactions: DCS

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
What else besides more tire in the back? Suspension?
Right away? Wider wheels and tires, stronger half-shaft axles, upgraded fuel injectors, and a Boost-A-Pump or upgraded fuel pump.

Suggested and/or eventually (preferably before a failure): lighter/stronger driveshaft, better clutch.

If you're not going to be on the track with drag slicks, you can probably get by with the factory half-axles, but the moment you start getting sticky and hooking up strong, you'll def want to upgrade those.

Sure, plenty of folks just strap on the SC kit and upgrade the fuel system, but I'd rather strengthen things before they fail and cause other damage.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I better check mine!
I wouldn't get too excited. I emptied mine this weekend. Maybe a teaspoon of oil over 800 miles? Since I will drive this car maybe 1600-2000 miles a year I'll just go to checking it annually from now on with every other oil change (on a 6 month, whether it needs it or not, oil change schedule).

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Right away? Wider wheels and tires, stronger half-shaft axles, upgraded fuel injectors, and a Boost-A-Pump or upgraded fuel pump.

Suggested and/or eventually (preferably before a failure): lighter/stronger driveshaft, better clutch.

If you're not going to be on the track with drag slicks, you can probably get by with the factory half-axles, but the moment you start getting sticky and hooking up strong, you'll def want to upgrade those.

Sure, plenty of folks just strap on the SC kit and upgrade the fuel system, but I'd rather strengthen things before they fail and cause other damage.
I like your plan. I've got a customer who sent his older GT to a a local race shop, they added the supercharger, and stronger driveshaft. Just lights it up and can't get the power down. He upgraded his tires to 305's in the back (still stock GT wheels) but still can't get it down. I think it's an 2007 or somewhere in that body style.

Will be very interested in your results when you finally pull the trigger and do the work.

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
I painted my existing one with matching Grabber Blue spray and clear from automotivetouchup.com. I like these a lot, but didn't want to buy it.
Same with me. For $12 I bought 2 cans of Rustollum spray paint for plastic at Walmart. No need to prep anything. Just be sure the cover is clean from dirt and the paint looks fantastic.

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
Just wanted to share.

I recently received my custom painted engine cover from RPI Designs. It took about 8 weeks to get it delivered and I think it was worth the wait.

IMG_9072.jpeg
IMG_9079.jpeg
How long was the shipping time?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I like your plan. I've got a customer who sent his older GT to a a local race shop, they added the supercharger, and stronger driveshaft. Just lights it up and can't get the power down. He upgraded his tires to 305's in the back (still stock GT wheels) but still can't get it down. I think it's an 2007 or somewhere in that body style.

Will be very interested in your results when you finally pull the trigger and do the work.
Every car is different, a Steeda Stop-The-Hop kit and other suspension changes should be considered. The other stuff I mentioned is primarily aimed at keeping crap from breaking and running out of fuel.

OP
OP

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Same with me. For $12 I bought 2 cans of Rustollum spray paint for plastic at Walmart. No need to prep anything. Just be sure the cover is clean from dirt and the paint looks fantastic.
I really wanted to avoid the texture from the factory plastic. They smoothed everything out and color matched.
A new cover is ~$200 from Ford and I paid $270 painted and shipped. That seemed reasonable for what I got.

Last edited:

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
I really wanted to avoid the texture from the factory plastic. They smoothed everything out and color matched.
A new cover is ~$200 from Ford and I paid $270 painted and shipped. That seemed reasonable for what I got.
Texture is easy to fill out with clear coat like I did. What’s important is that your happy with your cover and that’s all that matters.

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
I painted my existing one with matching Grabber Blue spray and clear from automotivetouchup.com. I like these a lot, but didn't want to buy it.
Dang! Some really sharp spruce ups in the engine compartments! Keep those great ideas coming, folks!

PS: I'm with SDave! Think I'll just rattle can to color match (Rapid Red) and clear coat my OEM cover!
Sponsored