• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
It's only illegal of you get caught dawg.

On a serious note, I don't think any cop would ever give you a ticket for a side marker.
On the topic of things that are illegal in some states, but shouldn't be. Not having a front license plate. I firmly believe every car looks better once you remove the front plate, but it's "illegal" where I live. I'm thinking about rolling the dice.
Sponsored

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
On the topic of things that are illegal in some states, but shouldn't be. Not having a front license plate. I firmly believe every car looks better once you remove the front plate, but it's "illegal" where I live. I'm thinking about rolling the dice.
It's illegal in my state not to have a front plate. I've gotten so many tickets in my !LE

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
The Mustang should have different headlights than the Escape and Mach E SUVs. Weird to have the Mustang look like an Escape. Nasty.

I think we’ve seen hints of the camo car having the tri-lights, but different than that photo.
I think it's fair to say the new lights make the escape look more like a mustang, rather than the other way around. I can practically guarantee ford's designers were sketching up ways to still have the tri-bar theme, but in a unique way. That's how they came up with this new headlight design. Then a designer working on the escape refresh saw it, and was like, that's actually pretty cool. I'm going to do something similar, but with two lights instead of three, and a drastically different housing shape to make sure both designs are unique enough. It's kinda like how people said ford used fusion design cues on the s550. But in reality, the s550 and fusion are both just different takes on ford's kinetic design language, which was previewed by the evos concept. A concept which, according to some of the designers, was loosely inspired by the '67-68 mustang's front end design.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I don't know if you have ever seen this image before ( don't know who's real credit it is) but combined with that green colour it is my favourite front end sketch so far (event though I still don't like the hood chin).

The version from the garage is very well created but I somehow have " truck vibes" when I see the front. It is a pity as I like the "smooth" yet aggressive look from the current model....

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! mustang leak may.JPG

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Yeah, but I don't model for aesthetics, I strive for accuracy. Their digital artist is talented, and while the general details are there, they don't line up with any real world 2024 Mustang image. Mine is mostly based on two photo leaks, and I am very good at getting the details lined up. I could line up my image with this one, render it out, and come reveal day, you'd understand.

Last edited:

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Here is the fruits of today's rear end conjecture. This angle is mostly NOT created with leak images, though. That vertical scoop is loosely based on a crease in the camo shots. the tail lights are based on a description of someone who might have seen the real ones.

I spent the better part of the day reworking the proportions on my 2015 Mustang model, which was never adjusted to reality. This better reflects the current one, which shares most of its proportions with the incoming model. I was a pretty sloppy modeler back then.

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! RearVIew

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Here is the fruits of today's rear end conjecture. This angle is mostly NOT created with leak images, though. That vertical scoop is loosely based on a crease in the camo shots. the tail lights are based on a description of someone who might have seen the real ones.

I spent the better part of the day reworking the proportions on my 2015 Mustang model, which was never adjusted to reality. This better reflects the current one, which shares most of its proportions with the incoming model. I was a pretty sloppy modeler back then.

RearVIew.jpg
great job

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I think it's fair to say the new lights make the escape look more like a mustang, rather than the other way around. I can practically guarantee ford's designers were sketching up ways to still have the tri-bar theme, but in a unique way. That's how they came up with this new headlight design. Then a designer working on the escape refresh saw it, and was like, that's actually pretty cool. I'm going to do something similar, but with two lights instead of three, and a drastically different housing shape to make sure both designs are unique enough. It's kinda like how people said ford used fusion design cues on the s550. But in reality, the s550 and fusion are both just different takes on ford's kinetic design language, which was previewed by the evos concept. A concept which, according to some of the designers, was loosely inspired by the '67-68 mustang's front end design.
that’s my point. Giving the escape the same headlights that go on the Mach e, then the mustang dilutes the look beyond any meaning. When everything looks like a mustang, nothing does.

also, the escape has no business sharing mustang design elements. It’s telling that it looks like the Mach e l, which wasn’t developed to be a mustang but got marketed as one anyway. Pretty sad stuff.

the actual mustang should look distinct. Even if other products want to look “Mustangesque,” the actual Mustang should carry the theme further So as to say “I’m the real thing.”

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! 1661809527160

Chaz’ Hood Bumps remind me of the AMX Hood Gills which insinuated Valve Covers. AMX Gills we’re a little too far forward of the actual engine placement, but looked good, even though never functional. Chaz has them closer to where the engine is really located.

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! 1661809581156

On the Rear End, I’m still wanting to see the Top of the Tail Light Lenses Parallel the Trunk Lip Contour.

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! 1661810693417

Rear Bumper Vents remind me of a Toyota Camry.

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! 1661810041761

Or Escape

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! 1661810603611

Last edited:
OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Well, at least there’s a chance the rear vent, if it’s even one, might be functional, because it certainly isn’t going to carry the rear reflector. That’s already visible in the same position it is on the current model. I’m also checking with my source to see if maybe there is a bit of a curve at the top. They described it as flat.

If the crease is as described, and it is where it is, it seems logical to me that the pony would be galloping on that seam. I like that.

No new renders today. I’m still considering doing another walk around video. I don’t really have anything new to add to the model at this point.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, at least there’s a chance the rear vent, if it’s even one, might be functional, because it certainly isn’t going to carry the rear reflector. That’s already visible in the same position it is on the current model. I’m also checking with my source to see if maybe there is a bit of a curve at the top. They described it as flat.

If the crease is as described, and it is where it is, it seems logical to me that the pony would be galloping on that seam. I like that.

No new renders today. I’m still considering doing another walk around video. I don’t really have anything new to add to the model at this point.
I noticed the horizonal curve line of the 1967-1968 taillights is a little lower than in your illustration. But yours look great.

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! 1967 tail light panel

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

RearVIew.jpg
Hmm okay. I hope it won't be that way tbh :D I have a feeling that they also have a striked through taillight like we have seen from the first Version of the Ford Edge. Someone could argue that they are just going to take the Mach E rear lights, and adjust them to the Mustang. If there won't be any leaks from the end, I guess we have to wait for mere 2 weeks.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! mustang rear.JPG

In order to accentuate my assumption are the white areas. Why would you cover them if the don't have a function or purpose? So I guess it will have a different look than the models before. In this video the chief engineer said that he loves the rear the most. It is his favourite part of the car. It is perceived to maybe see something completely new who knows.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
In this video the chief engineer said that he loves the rear the most. It is his favourite part of the car. It is perceived to maybe see something completely new who knows.
I hope so. The rear is my least favorite part now. I've always felt like the current car looks like two cars pasted together. The feel of the front (especially the '15 to '17 look) does not match the feel of the rear, not at all to my sensibilities. Also, the way the rear track is wider and the general wideness of the rear part of the car. The hugely long black panel between the lights doesn't help.
The front looks lithe and sporty, taught and purposefully wrapped around the wheel.
The back, well, she's all blowed out.

I'll just say it: It's got trucker hips.

All this is IMO only. You know what they say - There's no accounting for taste.

I think these current cars look most cohesive in a dark color, preferably black.

I'll also just say, while I'm bitching about stuff, that I'm disappointed in what we've seen so far on the '24. It looks great, but it's really a mild evolution.

It's just looking like a refreshed 2023. Not what I was hoping for. I'll wait until Sept 14th to make a final judgement. I feel like they missed a chance to go out with something unique here. Not a rehash. But I do understand the economics of it. That's what's driving all this. Especially if the S650 will only run unto 2027 or 2028.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope so. The rear is my least favorite part now. I've always felt like the current car looks like two cars pasted together. The feel of the front (especially the '15 to '17 look) does not match the feel of the rear, not at all to my sensibilities. Also, the way the rear track is wider and the general wideness of the rear part of the car. The hugely long black panel between the lights doesn't help.
The front looks lithe and sporty, taught and purposefully wrapped around the wheel.
The back, well, she's all blowed out.

I'll just say it: It's got trucker hips.

All this is IMO only. You know what they say - There's no accounting for taste.

I think these current cars look most cohesive in a dark color, preferably black.

I'll also just say, while I'm bitching about stuff, that I'm disappointed in what we've seen so far on the '24. It looks great, but it's really a mild evolution.

It's just looking like a refreshed 2023. Not what I was hoping for. I'll wait until Sept 14th to make a final judgement. I feel like they missed a chance to go out with something unique here. Not a rehash. But I do understand the economics of it. That's what's driving all this. Especially if the S650 will only run unto 2027 or 2028.
"...trucker hips..." Those are called shoulders. When the new style Camaro came out with the independent suspension, they had shoulders. Mustang Association members yelled and screamed, they wanted them on the Mustang too, so Ford designers obliged.
Sponsored