• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Charge System Fault at 320 miles

topdawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Dark Horse Mustang, 2024 Ram 2500 CTD Mega Cab
Received a Charge System Fault via my Ford Pass on my new Dark Horse with 320 miles. Also noticed battery indicator stays on while driving the car.
Any suggestions or thoughts?
Sponsored

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Charge the battery with an ADM charger. If the car has sat around it could be low. Maybe get a load test to rule it out.

Reactions: DCS
OP
OP
topdawg4ever

topdawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure specifically what a ADM charger is and how it works with my Dark Horse.
Charge the battery with an ADM charger. If the car has sat around it could be low. Maybe get a load test to rule it out.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
If the battery fault indicator is on when the engine is running, then the alternator is not charging.

Let's hope it is something simple.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Sorry Typo AGM battery charger. You can also check by scrolling through the info stuff on the main disply. Should be around 13.5 v.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Received a Charge System Fault via my Ford Pass on my new Dark Horse with 320 miles. Also noticed battery indicator stays on while driving the car.
Any suggestions or thoughts?
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
topdawg4ever

topdawg4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you, but I solved the issue last night. Threw a charger on the battery to rule out a low battery. Notice the cable that plugs in in front of the battery was unpluged. So I plugged that in, and fired up the Dark Horse, and all was good. This is a classic example of the dealer probably jumping the car, after it sat in teh showroom, and forgetting to re-connect that cable.

Appreciate you reaching out!! Nice to see Ford cares!! I can tell you horror stories about Dodge.

Thank you!!

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored

Last edited: