• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Check engine at 280 miles

blue_s650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Hey yall, lurking for a couple months but new to the forums, unfortunate first post. Got my GT a week before, and after 280 miles, check engine light turned. (Monday, April 1st)

I was driving for around 30 minutes in regular city driving. Coming off of a stop light, probably around 15mph, my dash says seemingly everything has an error (ABS turned off, traction control turned off, collision sensors error, etc). Seconds after, both screens shut off. Engine still ran, which allowed me to pull over. Turned it off and tried to turn it back on to hopefully reset it, no luck. After about 20 minutes, it started right up, with seemingly everything working except now having both the check engine light on and service soon light on.

I scanned it with a scanner and got 113 codes, ranging from Powertrain Control Module to Headlamp Control Module to ABS to Drivers Seat Module.

I proceeded to call my local dealership and they said i could bring it in tomorrow and they’ll check it out (Yesterday, April 2nd).

Dropped it off yesterday at the dealership and now going to wait for an update. Will keep the forums updated, has anyone else ran into this? I tried to look up on the forums for something similar, but most of what I found is either glitches or a very specific check engine light, not everything freaking out. Looking forward to getting the car back, those few miles I drove have been great, but man does this suck.

Attached is the dash after it was able to turn on and code reader screenshots

S650 Mustang Check engine at 280 miles IMG_2050

S650 Mustang Check engine at 280 miles IMG_2048

S650 Mustang Check engine at 280 miles IMG_2049

S650 Mustang Check engine at 280 miles IMG_2037
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: DCS

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Any indication if you have received and installed the latest ota update (re abs reprogram).

from what I’ve been able to tell the three predominate reported resolutions seem to be: weak battery, abs reprogram, replace gateway module.

OP
OP

blue_s650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Thanks for the suggestions! I believe the ABS issue is only builds before Feb 8th & my car falls after that.

Regardless, I got an “update” from the dealership, unable to verify any issue with the car besides finding a ran out of gas fault. I most definitely didn’t, in fact I was over half, but maybe it was just a left over code. Not what I was expecting back, but i’ll just hope it was a one off thing and it won’t happen again.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hey yall, lurking for a couple months but new to the forums, unfortunate first post. Got my GT a week before, and after 280 miles, check engine light turned. (Monday, April 1st)

I was driving for around 30 minutes in regular city driving. Coming off of a stop light, probably around 15mph, my dash says seemingly everything has an error (ABS turned off, traction control turned off, collision sensors error, etc). Seconds after, both screens shut off. Engine still ran, which allowed me to pull over. Turned it off and tried to turn it back on to hopefully reset it, no luck. After about 20 minutes, it started right up, with seemingly everything working except now having both the check engine light on and service soon light on.

I scanned it with a scanner and got 113 codes, ranging from Powertrain Control Module to Headlamp Control Module to ABS to Drivers Seat Module.

I proceeded to call my local dealership and they said i could bring it in tomorrow and they’ll check it out (Yesterday, April 2nd).

Dropped it off yesterday at the dealership and now going to wait for an update. Will keep the forums updated, has anyone else ran into this? I tried to look up on the forums for something similar, but most of what I found is either glitches or a very specific check engine light, not everything freaking out. Looking forward to getting the car back, those few miles I drove have been great, but man does this suck.

IMG_2050.png

IMG_2048.png

IMG_2049.png

IMG_2037.jpeg
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

bweber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, 17 V6 Convertible, 20 EB, 01 V6
Thanks for the suggestions! I believe the ABS issue is only builds before Feb 8th & my car falls after that.

Regardless, I got an “update” from the dealership, unable to verify any issue with the car besides finding a ran out of gas fault. I most definitely didn’t, in fact I was over half, but maybe it was just a left over code. Not what I was expecting back, but i’ll just hope it was a one off thing and it won’t happen again.
I just had an issue with multiple error codes, etc and they reprogrammed the ABS module. I know you said you purchased your car in February but did they check that you’ve received any OTA’s?

OP
OP

blue_s650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I just had an issue with multiple error codes, etc and they reprogrammed the ABS module. I know you said you purchased your car in February but did they check that you’ve received any OTA’s?
I purchased my car in March, build date as Feb 29. I believe they told me that they checked if there was anything out of date, but I will admit that I am not 100% sure.

Marty Monroe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium CVT 401a

IMG_2050.png

IMG_2048.png

IMG_2049.png

IMG_2037.jpeg
Happened to my 2024 GT cvt 300 miles broken inoperable air damper front nose, needed to remove bumper cover to get at. Also creaky brake pedal very annoying at Price point of $61k
Sponsored