• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CarPlay Randomly Disconnects

Justink1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Ecoboost
Anyone else having problems with Apple CarPlay where it will randomly disconnect? Mine will turn off after being connected for 20 minutes and stay disconnected until I restart car or it will reconnect on its own while driving , sometimes it’s just fine to the whole way through. Happens wireless and wired
Sponsored

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
I've had some quirky CarPlay issues.

Sometimes drops a call. Callback works fine.

I had it only play music through the right channel. Turn car off and on and it works through all speakers again.

Sometimes no sound, but everything else works.

Sometimes it drops sound only, but I can switch my phone to speaker and back to Carplay, then sound is on the vehicle again.

Don't know where the issues come from, because Carplay can have various issues in other cars as well...

Steadyvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang ecoboost
Anyone else having problems with Apple CarPlay where it will randomly disconnect? Mine will turn off after being connected for 20 minutes and stay disconnected until I restart car or it will reconnect on its own while driving , sometimes it’s just fine to the whole way through. Happens wireless and wired
Yes, I've been having the same issue with android carplay. Just randomly drops.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
wireless carplay worked flawlessly in my Hyundai Elantra .. in this Mustick GT it glitches all the time
Let's hope an OTA update will address this. I seriously hope Ford watches the forum for this very reason. I don't have time to go to a dealer and try to report and resolve this, but Ford needs to know...

jexsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
I have this issue as well along with other random things from the infotainment. Hoping for an update to fix them

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage, I’ll look into this for you. Thanks
Sponsored