• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Car value shock!!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
a "specific" answer only applies a couple weeks at a time. The TREND over time is what is important for a local market staying out of step with the rest of the country.
Generalizations are neither facts nor answers. I actually provided you with a specific program and details.

I think I've made my point. Thanks!
Sponsored

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
Stonehauler. You made some great points. I have been considered a 2023 GT with 2500 miles. Dealer asking $42k. I have not bought but a few used cars for the reasons you stated. I did find a dealer in Ohio that will go invoice on a silver, manual, "regular" GT as they are called by the DH folks. I just get to get there to buy it.
Thanks for reminding me why I don't buy used.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Everything held their value because of Covid. There was a point where a used C8 would fetch 100k

meanwhile...

For 30 grand I could live with a C8 despite being so ugly/fake Ferrari looking & Auto only...LOL

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
that's impressive. 22% off MSRP AFTER the dealer marked it up over whatever they paid the original owner. Probably at LEAST 3K delta. Which would mean the original owner took a haircut of 27% not counting the sunk cost of taxes. If 5K (quite common) the O took a 30% haircut on a current year, 6mo old vehicle.

O got it good and hard but it's encouraging to see reversion to the mean finally asserting itself.

Here in DC in Feb I took a 30% haircut off MSRP (less since I paid X-plan) on my trade-in (2022 EB Brittany) after a year, to acquire a '23 Mach1 with 1000 miles at a 10% discount to MSRP while the original owner realized a 18% loss. In terms of deals, yeah I overpaid but I had my reasons.

Now maybe in Detroit there are enough "next greater fools" to keep the market divergent from the norm. I wouldn't be surprised, since the manufacturers ladle out rich incentives for the residents of MI compared to industrial backwaters like Ohio. :)
No markup when i bought this. They actually took a loss on it for what they paid me for it and sold to him at 49k. I took a loss because my money went into kids retirement plans lol so I lost but not 62k plus tax and interest kind of loss lol. I'll be back just want to get my kids settled first.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
They actually took a loss on it for what they paid me for it and sold to him at 49k
in the interests of the discussion and a certain somebody's bald assertions. Would you characterize your buyout price being about 15-18% below MSRP?

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Kind sir, you have overlooked the fact that today is whiny millennial (insert_day_of_they_week_here). They need something to complain about.
🖕🏻🖕🏻 Two fingers up to you kind sir. I wasn't complaining when I made this post. It was an observation.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
X-Plan here... First dealer, a HUGE Mustang dealer and recommended by the local Mustang clubs, accepted it no questions but proceeded to add on all kinds of crap like VIN etching, 'ceramic' coating etc so I bailed... Second dealer who I have purchased cars from before but is mainly a pickup/SUV dealers agreed to no add on crap, not mandatory financing and straight X-Plan price. Transaction took 15 minutes. Pickup was about 30 minutes as the salesman explained the car to me.
Have to be careful which dealership you go to.
Some add over five or $6000 worth of stuff you’ve never heard of and your insurance covers most of it anyway.

steyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP1 Rapid Red
We weren't discussing years old cars, or Dark Horses. I said I will get 9K off a 24 GT. You guys don't think so. Your opinion. Keep over paying for cars. Be my guest.
Lmao you think you're going to get 9k off a new GT? Talk about delusional.

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
Lmao you think you're going to get 9k off a new GT? Talk about delusional.
Really? Several local dealers are now up to $6500 off of the 60K+ cars (which is what I am looking at). What do you think will happen as inventory builds up and the new models are closer by summer? You go ahead and pay MSRP. It's people like you that make it easier for informed buyers to get good deals.

steyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP1 Rapid Red
Really? Several local dealers are now up to $6500 off of the 60K+ cars (which is what I am looking at). What do you think will happen as inventory builds up and the new models are closer by summer? You go ahead and pay MSRP. It's people like you that make it easier for informed buyers to get good deals.
I got A/Z plan on mine so I didn't pay MSRP lol. Honestly thinking you'll get 9k off makes you sound like an uninformed buyer, not an informed one.

I don't know though. Based on how you think things work maybe they'll eventually offer them for free if inventory builds up!

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are simply not worth arguing with. If they are already offering 6500 off, what do you think will happen as the current production year draws to a close? Other members have documented Ourisman Ford in Manassas, VA offering 15% off already back in January or February. 15% of 60k=9k.
Just so you know, I got close to 30% off my current Dodge when the new models were coming out. This was in 2017 so those deals will never be back, but 15k off a 51k msrp wasn't bad.
Enjoy your car and don't worry about other people's deals.

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then those are the dealerships that an informed buyer doesn't purchase from. Not all dealers play those games, only the worst ones. There are plenty that do though.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then those are the dealerships that an informed buyer doesn't purchase from. Not all dealers play those games, only the worst ones. There are plenty that do though.
Most dealers will happily play those games.
Most buyers are not informed buyers, either.
Sponsored