• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Car value shock!!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
You can get a new DH under MSRP now...not good for anyone trying to sell one they just bought
Where? Show me some listings.
Sponsored

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not the person that posted this, but they're out there. A quick glance at Cars.com brought up these two from just the first page, without any sorting by price:

Grabber Blue
Vapor Blue
One is only $1,500 off. It requires you to finance through the dealership itself for $500 of that. It also requires you to trade something in for the other $1000, which means they will low ball your trade in, then pad it - not any actual savings.

Not sure what the discount is for on the other one, but I'm sure there's a catch.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I doin't feel bad for those suckers that paid an ADM
Neither do it, but then again, maybe they make boat loads of cash and don't care. Lots of folks can afford super expensive luxury and supercars that cost six and seven figures.

When I called the dealership on mine, I told them flat out that, while I know the DH is not eligible for AZ Plan pricing, I'm not paying one nickel over MSRP. The agreed. The only other costs over that were $260 for doc fees, a $24 fee to register electronically, $31 for title and transfer of plate, and state sales tax.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
One is only $1,500 off. It requires you to finance through the dealership itself for $500 of that. It also requires you to trade something in for the other $1000, which means they will low ball your trade in, then pad it - not any actual savings.

Not sure what the discount is for on the other one, but I'm sure there's a catch.
I updated my post, so you may want to check it out. There were a handful of discounts on just the first page of listings. A couple were 3 grand off MSRP.

EDIT: One thing I like about Cars.com is that it will show you how long a used car has been listed. The first used Dark Horse result that popped up for me was a red one that has been listed for 128 days. Of course, that's because it's a non-HP car listed for 72K, but there are others that have been listed for quite a while and you can track how much the price has gone down over that time.

Last edited:

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
Neither do it, but then again, maybe they make boatlaods of cash and don't care.

When I called the dealership on mine, I told them flat out that, while I know the DH is not eligible for AZ Plan pricing, I'm not paying one nickel over MSRP. The agreed. The only other costs over that were $260 for doc fees, a $24 fee to register electronically, $31 for title and transfer of plate, and state sales tax.
My neighbor is the new car manager at a Ford dealer, he told me the same thing about not being able to use my A plan on the DH but he had just sold one for 1500 off.

I wonder if they will loosen up on that or not when it gets closer to the end of the model year. I didn't realize the Mach 1 was excluded as well.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I updated my post, so you may want to check it out. There were a handful of discounts on just the first page of listings. A couple were 3 grand off MSRP.
Zero details on the sites as to what, exactly, the requirements are for those discounts. Often, discounts listed are a bunch of smaller discounts, with each one requiring to you be eligible (e.g., military discount, college student discount, member of the local PTA discount, etc.).

If they are slashing MSRP just because, more power to whoever buys them. But the VAST majority of new DH for sale are either MSRP or +ADM.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My neighbor is the new car manager at a Ford dealer, he told me the same thing about not being able to use my A plan on the DH but he had just sold one for 1500 off.

I wonder if they will loosen up on that or not when it gets closer to the end of the model year. I didn't realize the Mach 1 was excluded as well.
AZ Plan pricing has very specific rules. The AZ Plan price with zero negotiation, of course, as well as very specific caps for certain other things (e.g., doc fees).

If they choose to sell it NOT under the AZ Plan pricing: Sure, they can slash money off the MSRP, but they are now no longer limited/capped on all the other costs that AZ Plan rules limit, so they can jack those up higher than AZ Plan allows and not run afoul of the AZ Plan rules. For example, they can add a $600 car cover and charge you $1,200 for it. With AZ Plan pricing, they can't do that.

Again, if someone finds a DH for (legit) under MSRP, more power to them. But I guarantee you that it's the exception, not the rule.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Just wait a year or two when they release a GTxxx version with 600+ HP for just a few grand more. A drop to 44k wholesale (trade-in) is nothing and better than most new cars.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Zero details on the sites as to what, exactly, the requirements are for those discounts. Often, discounts listed are a bunch of smaller discounts, with each one requiring to you be eligible (e.g., military discount, college student discount, member of the local PTA discount, etc.).

If they are slashing MSRP just because, more power to whoever buys them. But the VAST majority of new DH for sale are either MSRP or +ADM.
Sure, but just because they're listed for MSRP or above doesn't mean they're actually selling for that. Unfortunately we don't really have any way to know what they're actually selling for, but I suspect that some of these DHs have been sitting unsold for a while and the dealers just want to move them at this point.

Regardless, I was just answering your question where you asked to see Dark Horses for less than MSRP. :)

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure, but just because they're listed for MSRP or above doesn't mean they're selling for that.

Plus, I was just answering your question where you asked to see Dark Horses for less than MSRP. :)
The advertisement gets you in to the showroom. When you get there and they drop the bomb and tell you you're not eligible for the "advertised" discount because you don't have one eye and aren't a member of the local Butcher & Baker's Union, well, that's the real story.

Again, and for the last time, I'm sure you'll find one or two listed online for less, but ones actually selling for less than MSRP - without any strings attached like the one I pointed out - are the exception, not the rule. .

For the record: My comments started when someone claimed a 25% drop in the value of a vehicle, just for driving it off the lot. Which is BS.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally, I'm not aware of ANY specialty model of Mustang that was (in recent years) originally not eligible for AZ Plan pricing that became eligible later. Think GT350, GT500, Mach 1, etc.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Then we will see the real markups! And it won't be a cheap car to start with.
Personally, I'm not aware of ANY specialty model of Mustang that was (in recent years) originally not eligible for AZ Plan pricing that became eligible later. Think GT350, GT500, Mach 1, etc.
But it is also true that a dealer is 100% free to choose not to accept the plans on any and all of their vehicles. That would be business suicide here in SW Michigan with such a high concentration of eligible auto industry employees, but it is very common for dealers to not accept A/Z/X plans on certain vehicles in short supply.

Once the frenzy dies down, they may begin accepting it. I've seen it happen with Raptors (not the R) and even the Lightning,
Sponsored