• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Car came with continentals

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Was the car supposed to come with continental pro contacts? That's what came stock on my car.

I thought it came with pirellis since everyone was complaining about then.

How are these tires in dry / rain / snow?

I was originally planning on buying continental extreme contact but am super confused now
Sponsored

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
Continental is an excellent brand and the Pro Contact is much batter than the Pirelli’s.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
when you see people (like me) complaint about "Pirellis" we're usually referring to the Pirelli P-Zero summer only tires that come with the performance pack on the GT.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
when you see people (like me) complaint about "Pirellis" we're usually referring to the Pirelli P-Zero summer only tires that come with the performance pack on the GT.
So the continental pro contacts are stock for the GT without PP? How are they? From what I've read theyre still pretty garbage and I should upgrade to the extreme contacts

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
pro contacts are all season tires. for what they are i hear theyre pretty decent, however their design naturally makes them less able to grip vs summer tires. if you experience a lot of rain or snow where youre at id say stick with them through the winter then invest in a new set of wheels and tires for summer driving.

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
So the continental pro contacts are stock for the GT without PP? How are they? From what I've read theyre still pretty garbage and I should upgrade to the extreme contacts
They're about as middle of the road as it gets for all-seasons. Not as good as the Extreme Contact DWS06's and a little noisier.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have had the pro's on a few of the countries best roads, here in Western NC. To be only a 255 A/S tire, I was impressed.

jeffnudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Prem. Conv., 2022 Mav Hy XLT
The Pro Contacts are what came standard on my 2022 Maverick. I have been driving for over 50 years and have never had a flat tire. So far, in less than two years, I have had to replace two of the Pro Contacts. My 2024 Mustang is (supposedly) schedule for delivery in the next week. Pretty disappointing that the car will be coming with truck tires.

Cody5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Performance Pack Level II
The Pro Contacts are what came standard on my 2022 Maverick. I have been driving for over 50 years and have never had a flat tire. So far, in less than two years, I have had to replace two of the Pro Contacts. My 2024 Mustang is (supposedly) schedule for delivery in the next week. Pretty disappointing that the car will be coming with truck tires.
I’m pretty sure it’s that your truck came with car tires.

cstraley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT , 24 Tundra, 2023 M240i, 23 QX80
I installed Extreme Contact DWS06 Plus tires and never looked back. For street driving they work great and they hook up amazing. Not sure I will re-install the Pirelli P zero's this spring.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
While I live in TX with pretty mild weather, we do get rain and I’ve been in the rain a few times.
I have the Continentals with the 401A Nite Pony wheels. While I don’t mash the throttle from a stop, I’ve yet to wheel spin other than the 2-3 shift in drag mode on the street or while on dirt/gravel

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
I installed Extreme Contact DWS06 Plus tires and never looked back. For street driving they work great and they hook up amazing. Not sure I will re-install the Pirelli P zero's this spring.
I have the same tire on my 2020 and love them.
Sponsored