• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Can I just say I'm really loving this car!

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
A little over two weeks into my first Mustang ownership and I am just totally enjoying this car. We finally got a few days of sunny warm weather this week and I got to do some cruising with the top down. Between the open air, the stick shift, and my God that engine sound, I'm finally really enjoying driving again. I've wanted this car since I was 10 years old (in my mid-50s now) and now I finally have one. Thank you Ford for still producing a fun and exciting car while so many other manufacturers have bailed. Hope you all are enjoying the ride as well!

S650 Mustang Can I just say I'm really loving this car! 20240429_132630
Sponsored

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
Congratulations. This is my first time owning a Ford mustang as well, and you are right. Being back in a manual was the BEST decision I made with my fun car. I feel like I'm actually driving again, as strange as that might sound. As for age, YEP, I'm right there with ya. I can't say I wanted this car since young, as I'm a chevy guy to the core. But when I saw this car, I HAD to get it. I sold my 23 C8 Corvette, and have not looked back.

Once again, enjoy the ride. I had a convertible Camaro before the C8, and MAN I loved dropping that top.

What are your plans for the car? Wheels/Tires? Suspension? Tint? Mods? I see you have the active exhaust too, it was a MUST on this car.

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations. This is my first time owning a Ford mustang as well, and you are right. Being back in a manual was the BEST decision I made with my fun car. I feel like I'm actually driving again, as strange as that might sound. As for age, YEP, I'm right there with ya. I can't say I wanted this car since young, as I'm a chevy guy to the core. But when I saw this car, I HAD to get it. I sold my 23 C8 Corvette, and have not looked back.

Once again, enjoy the ride. I had a convertible Camaro before the C8, and MAN I loved dropping that top.

What are your plans for the car? Wheels/Tires? Suspension? Tint? Mods? I see you have the active exhaust too, it was a MUST on this car.
No immediate plans for any modifications. The only thing I'm considering is possibly getting the wheels painted black. I saw one at a dealership that had this done and it did look sharp. Thanks for the comments and keep enjoying yours! Love that red!

Painted wheels:

S650 Mustang Can I just say I'm really loving this car! 20240110_132216

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
By the time you have them stripped, prepped, and painted, you could have paid for another set.

Just buy a second set instead. Then you can swap between them as your moods change!

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the time you have them stripped, prepped, and painted, you could have paid for another set.

Just buy a second set instead. Then you can swap between them as your moods change!
The dealership told me they paid around $1K to have it done.

Maybe someone will sell a set of NP wheels and I'll pick some up. Good point about the ability to swap out.

I like the standard wheels so far, so I'm not planning on doing anything for a while. I originally hated the premium wheels in photos. But once I saw in person my opinion changed. I don't love them but I certainly like them a lot better than I expected.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
A little over two weeks into my first Mustang ownership and I am just totally enjoying this car. We finally got a few days of sunny warm weather this week and I got to do some cruising with the top down. Between the open air, the stick shift, and my God that engine sound, I'm finally really enjoying driving again. I've wanted this car since I was 10 years old (in my mid-50s now) and now I finally have one. Thank you Ford for still producing a fun and exciting car while so many other manufacturers have bailed. Hope you all are enjoying the ride as well!

20240429_132630.jpg
I know the feeling! I just got mine back on 4/3/24. I'm 77 and feel like a kid. It's rough going thru the breakin period. I have only 300 miles on it.
I bought my first Mustang (factory order as well!) the year after High School - 1966. Maroon, 289 V8, 4-speed, FM Radio. Grand total $2,500.00.
S650 Mustang Can I just say I'm really loving this car! IMG_2088.JPG

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
The dealership told me they paid around $1K to have it done.
$1K to change the color and have one set or $1K towards the purchase of a second set? I don't know about you, but that's a no-brainer to me!

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know the feeling! I just got mine back on 4/3/24. I'm 77 and feel like a kid. It's rough going thru the breakin period. I have only 300 miles on it.
I bought my first Mustang (factory order as well!) the year after High School - 1966. Maroon, 289 V8, 4-speed, FM Radio. Grand total $2,500.00.
IMG_2088.JPG
That's awesome to hear. That white fastback looks amazing. The Mustang that got me into Mustangs was my uncle's 1965 red convertible. Loved them ever since. My dad was into Corvettes, but I always preferred Mustangs for some reason. Go take a road trip and get some miles on that beauty! I'm close to 600 mi already.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
That's awesome to hear. That white fastback looks amazing. The Mustang that got me into Mustangs was my uncle's 1965 red convertible. Loved them ever since. My dad was into Corvettes, but I always preferred Mustangs for some reason. Go take a road trip and get some miles on that beauty! I'm close to 600 mi already.
What are you getting for gas mileage? Around town, the best I can do is 18. I took one short (40 mile round trip) trip and got up to 21 (I think).

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What are you getting for gas mileage? Around town, the best I can do is 18. I took one short (40 mile round trip) trip and got up to 21 (I think).
Just filled up at 21.7 mpg

I do more highway driving where I live. I think I can do better next fill up.

18 city driving isn't bad. My Grand Cherokee was much worse on gas than this Mustang.

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
My 2024 GT convertible, blue vapor, red interior, AE and magneride, 6 speed, replaced my 2015 ecoboost.
I think the rear design is great, an improvement on the previous trunk . The front end to me is too busy; not bad, just different
I thought I would not like the interior----but I do

SynysterDayz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I got my Mustang a few weeks ago and can honestly say I'm absolutely loving it as well. I'm a first time mustang owner and ended up picking up a GT Performance package, AE, MagneRide, NPP with recaro seats. I don't get to drive it much but really enjoy when I do :) Just had partial front and rocker panel Xpel paint protection installed.
S650 Mustang Can I just say I'm really loving this car! mustan

Redback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP 301A Manual, Shadow Black.
I'm right there with you! Just bought my very first Mustang. Came from a 2020 Civic Type R. It was time for a replacement and I figured this could be my last opportunity to buy a stick shift, rear wheel drive, naturally-aspirated large displacement engine. Also, I was born in '64, as was Mustang, so what better way for both of us to celebrate turning 60 this year. :)

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Congrats on ur car, it’s a beauty

But 1000 $ to get wheels painted black!!!
My old genesis coupe came with aluminum wheels, i paid a shop 150 bucks to paint them glossy black.. and they lasted flawless for 8 years.

Get them painted somewhere else, don’t get robbed.
Sponsored