• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

broken screen

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Is it a crack or a bubble?? Almost looks like a bubble but could just be the pic. Either way that’s super disappointing
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I've seen windshields and rear glass crack not because of heat or impact, but because there was something in between the glass and the mating surface (e.g., a small bubble of metal or paint, for example). If the mating surface isn't perfectly flat because debris is in between the glass and the metal or plastic, pressure and movement would eventually use that imperfection to cause it to crack. No idea if that happened here, but it's possible.

OP
OP
Stealth19

Stealth19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT
With all due respect, he doesn't have to "find out how YOU broke it" in order to NOT cover it.

I would not hold your breath on this one.
I didn't break it that's the issue, I imagine the compressing of the plastic housing in the cold put to much pressure on the plastic screen and fractured it that way, or just vibrations and it wasn't secured with enough of a gap. Either way It would be next to impossible for me to physically damage it unless i took a hammer and chisel to the corner.

OP
OP
Stealth19

Stealth19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT
Is it a crack or a bubble?? Almost looks like a bubble but could just be the pic. Either way that’s super disappointing
it's completely smooth running my finger over it, nothing bulging out. It may have broken inwards as it's below the Lcd portion.

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
As an Optician, the screen which seems to be made of glass (not 100% sure, haven’t received mine yet), must have had some tensions/pressure if not inserted properly (or too big for it’s housing)… and anything could cause it to crack like this.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Just curious cause your profile pic, was the car sitting frozen cold for awhile, then heated up? I noticed today after my OTA update how warm the back of the screen gets. Glass or plastic, cold to hot= crack?

Just a guess, in any event stay on them to fix it

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
What’s the brown in the left portion of the lower edge next to the anomaly, is the discoloration a reflection?

OP
OP
Stealth19

Stealth19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT
Just curious cause your profile pic, was the car sitting frozen cold for awhile, then heated up? I noticed today after my OTA update how warm the back of the screen gets. Glass or plastic, cold to hot= crack?

Just a guess, in any event stay on them to fix it
the temp has been around 15 at night and 35 in the day the past week so that could have caused it some expansion especially with the engine right on the other side warming it up.

OP
OP
Stealth19

Stealth19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT
What’s the brown in the left portion of the lower edge next to the anomaly, is the discoloration a reflection?
i think that's just a reflection of my hand taking the picture

OP
OP
Stealth19

Stealth19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT
So, did they fix this under warranty?
after a month of calling their still waiting to hear from the "ford engineers".. so its going to a different dealership Monday to have that looked at, the steering wheel is getting straightened, the puddles of water in the door sill are getting looked at, and the hood seems like it wants to take off from the car at around 130 so they're keeping it for a couple days to look at everything.

Juan Loboe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Thanks for the update. Hope it all comes together for you.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
it's completely smooth running my finger over it, nothing bulging out. It may have broken inwards as it's below the Lcd portion.
there is an SSM for exactly this. tell your dealer about SSM 52449

"Some 2024 Mustang vehicles equipped with a mid-series instrument panel cluster display screen (minor feature code HCAAT) may exhibit a crack on the lower left-hand corner of the IPC display screen. To confirm a vehicle is built with a certain minor feature code, review the build information by double-clicking the vehicle identification number (VIN) in the upper left corner in the Professional Technician System (PTS) website. This crack will be internal and cannot be felt. If the crack cannot be felt, this is a warrantable condition and the IPC display screen must be replaced. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 413-01. For claiming, use causal part 10D885 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual."

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
there is an SSM for exactly this. tell your dealer about SSM 52449

"Some 2024 Mustang vehicles equipped with a mid-series instrument panel cluster display screen (minor feature code HCAAT) may exhibit a crack on the lower left-hand corner of the IPC display screen. To confirm a vehicle is built with a certain minor feature code, review the build information by double-clicking the vehicle identification number (VIN) in the upper left corner in the Professional Technician System (PTS) website. This crack will be internal and cannot be felt. If the crack cannot be felt, this is a warrantable condition and the IPC display screen must be replaced. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 413-01. For claiming, use causal part 10D885 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual."
I hope he posts the price for that replacement. I’m curious as to what the charge is

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I hope he posts the price for that replacement. I’m curious as to what the charge is
If it's covered under warranty, they will not itemize what it WOULD have costed had he paid for it out of pocket.
Sponsored