• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Brochures

Burnin' Rubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Domestic
The decision to eliminate both print and digital brochures is disappointing for sure. They are making it more difficult for customers to make informed purchases. Without brochures as an official document, how can a customer determine how a past model was configured if purchasing used, let alone a new model?

As others have mentioned, this seems to be a result of uncertainty surrounding supply chain issues. The manufacturers do not want to commit to offering certain options if they cannot deliver.

You think they would invest more in their online configurators if that is the case. It is revealing when even online configurators are late, buggy, and publicize incorrect information.

Perhaps car companies would now do better by returning to an a-la-carte menu of options instead of bundling them to get the one option you want. It is a better alternative than bundling options and then not having certain options available within the bundle.
Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
They went with the same awful website design too...probably still has errors in it in the specs section.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
The decision to eliminate both print and digital brochures is disappointing for sure. They are making it more difficult for customers to make informed purchases. Without brochures as an official document, how can a customer determine how a past model was configured if purchasing used, let alone a new model?

As others have mentioned, this seems to be a result of uncertainty surrounding supply chain issues. The manufacturers do not want to commit to offering certain options if they cannot deliver.

You think they would invest more in their online configurators if that is the case. It is revealing when even online configurators are late, buggy, and publicize incorrect information.

Perhaps car companies would now do better by returning to an a-la-carte menu of options instead of bundling them to get the one option you want. It is a better alternative than bundling options and then not having certain options available within the bundle.
One of my big gripes. I have had over 40 years on the software industry and the trend I see today is hiring fresh out of school or out of the country software developers and letting them run free because the company isn't really in the software business. I see it in some of the security procedures for utilities and some of the government web sites. Software applications are also not well thought out because they go with what their instructor said was a really neat idea or it was the first idea that came to their head. Good software takes at least a third of the time thinking out the problem, a third writing the software and a third debugging it. Shorten the development cycle and something gets cut, often thinking out the problem.
Most of the money paid me was fixing this software because the people who originally developed the software produced something unusable. Sometime I could work with what had already been written but far too often I had to scrap it and start from ground zero.
Good software is hard work and costly but it's better to do it right the first time rather than have me fix it and cost even more money.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Ford outsources (not necessarily out of the US) a lot of their expenses. From employees (third party contract) to websites. Even sites within their own internal site FMCdealer are third party operated. It is a cost saving measure that I have had to remind myself in the past is probably for the best even though the immediate results don't feel that way at all. Example was a Power Stroke Diesel website we used. Basic changes cost upwards for 25-50K. Not a redesign but adding some things to pages such as pictures and text. This is the type of thing that frustrates the consumer with delays and misinformation that lingers too long after the feet on the street are singing a different tune. To Ford that is much cheaper to spend today rather than to pay a web programmer and then have to pay a pension. This doesn't fix anything but gives a different perspective.

Shadetree43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 EB Prem VB Pony Pkg 201A, 13 F150 RR Lariat
https://auto-brochures.com/
Has PDFs for 1964 > 2021 Mustangs, & eBay has hard copy for 2022s if you really want them.
I have not found a PDF nor hard copy for 2023. They are no more.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
So...
If you are all allowed to make fun of me for being a boomer for not wanting digital screens ...

Am I allowed to make fun of you all for being a boomer for wanting paper brochures???

Lol ps I have a paper brochure for my car collected .... get off my lawn!! ; P

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
So...
If you are all allowed to make fun of me for being a boomer for not wanting digital screens ...

Am I allowed to make fun of you all for being a boomer for wanting paper brochures???

Not a bad movie.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
So...

Make fun of me but I have an EPSON printer that will handle paper up to 13"x19". If I can find it in electronic form, I can put it on paper. That is what I did with my early window sticker. It come in handy for maps and pictures. I figured out I might be mailing some of the printer output so I even have mailing tubes that will handle paper that size. You can have my paper when you pry it out of my cold dead hands.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Make fun of me but I have an EPSON printer that will handle paper up to 13"x19". If I can find it in electronic form, I can put it on paper. That is what I did with my early window sticker. It come in handy for maps and pictures. I figured out I might be mailing some of the printer output so I even have mailing tubes that will handle paper that size. You can have my paper when you pry it out of my cold dead hands.
Definitely not making fun of you for wanting a brochure.. I would want one too..

More just friendly teasing that in one thread everyone is poking everyone who doesn't want screens because we are old school... but in another everyone wants paper brochures...

I want paper brochures too darn it lol
Sponsored