• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Brochures

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Its anything but a positive marketing step - removing the only official summary of Features and Specs of their products, is not a productive and open strategy or method of communicating with your potential customers or the market.

Their unwillingness to produce a brochure looks as if they have no confidence in their own products!
They will put the same information on the website and save thousands and thousands on printing cost, as well as not waste so much paper. I applaud that decision. Think about the number of dealers x number of models x 100 brochures minimum…. It’s a lot….

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They will put the same information on the website and save thousands and thousands on printing cost, as well as not waste so much paper. I applaud that decision. Think about the number of dealers x number of models x 100 brochures minimum…. It’s a lot….
This relates to ALL Brochures - it is not just about physical Paper Brochures (which can be recycled anyway) - it is also PDF form "Ford brochures of all shapes and sizes, including print and digital versions, are expected to be completely discontinued" - There will be NO Brochures of any kind produced, which is not a good look, and not providing a permanent record.

If they intend to put the same Info on the website, it would also be just as easy to produce it as an official PDF, however this is apparently not happening.

Ford Brochures To Be Completely Phased Out By 2023 (fordauthority.com)

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
This relates to ALL Brochures - it is not just about physical Paper Brochures (which can be recycled anyway) - it is also PDF form "Ford brochures of all shapes and sizes, including print and digital versions, are expected to be completely discontinued" - There will be NO Brochures of any kind produced, which is not a good look, and not providing a permanent record.

If they intend to put the same Info on the website, it would also be just as easy to produce it as an official PDF, however this is apparently not happening.

Ford Brochures To Be Completely Phased Out By 2023 (fordauthority.com)
Turns out reading is fundamental. Who knew! :giggle:

On a serious note, the article also states this decision was due to supply chain constraints. I suspect Ford doesn't want to produce any material that promises they're offering features that have to be stealthily deleted later (this has been a huge problem in particular with the new Bronco). And while that makes sense in part, I'm certain a brain trust in senior leadership was also convinced this would be low-hanging fruit to save on printing/shipping costs (penny wise, pound foolish maybe?).

Now yes, in all fairness, the article also says customers can still find out what features come with a vehicle by using the convoluted build configurator, but we all know how buggy that can be and not all customers are tech saavy enough to easily navigate it. For those reasons, using it can also become a time-consuming ordeal.

No doubt about it, the optics behind this decision are poor for sure.

Last edited:

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turns out reading is fundamental. Who knew! :giggle:

On a serious note, the article also states this decision was due to supply chain constraints. I suspect Ford doesn't want to produce any material that promises they're offering features that have to be stealthly deleted later (this has been a huge problem in particular with the new Bronco). And while that makes sense in part, I'm certain a brain trust in senior leadership was also convinced this would be low-hanging fruit to save on printing/shipping costs (penny wise, pound foolish maybe?).

Now yes, in all fairness, the article also says customers can still find out what features come with a vehicle by using the convoluted build configurator, but we all know how buggy that can be and not all customers are tech saavy enough to easily navigate it. For those reasons, using it can also become a time consuming ordeal.

No doubt about it, the optics behind this decision are poor for sure.
I think you are probably 100% spot-on with the Supply Chain uncertainties, and the problem of unreliable availability of some features - requiring temporary unplanned changes to specs & features.

It happened here in Australia, and Ford were stung with big fines when the Mach-1 arrived, and it did not match the stated Specs and Features 100%.

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
It happened here in Australia, and Ford were stung with big fines when the Mach-1 arrived, and it did not match the stated Specs and Features 100%.
Ah yes, that!

https://fordauthority.com/2021/07/f...hure-snafu-costs-ford-big-money-in-australia/

And from the ACCC consumer watchdog here:
https://www.accc.gov.au/media-relea...ading-consumers-about-mustang-mach-1-features

That's probably part of the reason AU pricing and specs have been put back ~ 2 months to "August".
Triple checking everything to prevent another expensive corporate cluster fcuk! :computerrage:

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Yes and no sometimes it’s nice to actually see things in your hand. I’d just make a all in one brochure that has every model truck too mustang

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Maybe they should have a configurator that actually works when order banks open if they don't want to offer brochures anymore?

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I'll bet it's because of a paper shortage in the supply chain . . . :wink:

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 23 Bronco Sp, 12 Boss, 66 V8 Coupe
sad. i have all the mustang brochures produced since the beginning...been collecting them for years. more of nostalgia but people today dont care about collecting anything...
i guess good and bad. i guess i grew up watching my parents collect and keep everything. we were not rich, but we valued what we had and kept it nice. still do that with my stuff.... i guess those days are gone....
i dont see that much anymore.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
sad. i have all the mustang brochures produced since the beginning...been collecting them for years. more of nostalgia but people today dont care about collecting anything...
i guess good and bad. i guess i grew up watching my parents collect and keep everything. we were not rich, but we valued what we had and kept it nice. still do that with my stuff.... i guess those days are gone....
i dont see that much anymore.
Nothing like being able to pull out the official brochure. I remember, as a kid, those being the closest we got to various cars, flipping through the pages daydreaming, learning every option. Now also I seek them out.
Sponsored