• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Brake caliper finish issue

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Anybody, with non PP silver Brembos, having the paint/powder coat issues? Mine in the front look like there are chalky water spots that wont clean off? It looks like total crap, putting it nicely.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JediMindTrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT 401A (NP, PP, MR, AE, 10R80)
Yes, not all of my calipers were like this though. Only my front driver side looked like the coating was wearing abnormally. I had the black calipers but I actually took them off and re-did the paint, coating and Brembo logo. Took me $50, 2 hours of my time and looks better. Took it into the dealer at first to be covered under warranty and they were willing to fix it.

Initial issue:

S650 Mustang Brake caliper finish issue IMG_1670

S650 Mustang Brake caliper finish issue IMG_1671

S650 Mustang Brake caliper finish issue IMG_1665

S650 Mustang Brake caliper finish issue IMG_1669

Last edited:
OP
OP
LETHAL

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I would just do it myself, but I do not want any issues with warranty with the brakes.

SciaticNervePain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Anybody, with non PP silver Brembos, having the paint/powder coat issues? Mine in the front look like there are chalky water spots that wont clean off? It looks like total crap, putting it nicely.

Will be going to the dealer. I am going to see if I can pay for the upcharge red calipers if they warranty this issue. They documented this at delivery.
My black ones seem to be discolorating a bit as well... I will bring it up with them when I take it to the dealer for an oil change.. I am barely at 1300 miles.

OP
OP
LETHAL

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
My black ones seem to be discolorating a bit as well... I will bring it up with them when I take it to the dealer for an oil change.. I am barely at 1300 miles.
1400 here. Again, been like this since delivery.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Based on what Ford has charged for factory upgrade kits in the past, I suspect upgrading to the optional six piston Brembo/PP calipers will be an expensive upgrade. You would also need the larger rotors.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I'm guessing the calipers are painted, which doesn't hold up nearly as well as powder coating. I've had calipers powder coated on several of my cars. I think the finish looks much nicer and it's much more durable. The downside is that if you do it yourself, your car is going to be down for awhile. Not only that, but you have to take the calipers apart and then put them back together once they're done. I'm not sure if anyone offers powder coated calipers as an aftermarket product.

OP
OP
LETHAL

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Based on what Ford has charged for factory upgrade kits in the past, I suspect upgrading to the optional six piston Brembo/PP calipers will be an expensive upgrade. You would also need the larger rotors.
You are correct, I was mistaken on getting painted 4 pistons from Ford.

Last edited:

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
We had ours powder coated when we bought it. We never saw non PP mustangs with painted calipers. Only the PP options had them. Wasn’t aware you could get painted calipers on non PP option car.

S650 Mustang Brake caliper finish issue IMG_5773

OP
OP
LETHAL

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
We had ours powder coated when we bought it. We never saw non PP mustangs with painted calipers. Only the PP options had them. Wasn’t aware you could get painted calipers on non PP option car.

IMG_5773.jpeg
You are actually correct, I would have to add the PP brakes, which are a stand alone option, to get the painted calipers.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
You are actually correct, I would have to add the PP brakes, which are a stand alone option, to get the painted calipers.
Ok. That makes sense. Also, can you get the upgraded 6 piston brembo calipers front and 4 rear and brake lines on a non PP car? I think we saw one car optioned like that but I can’t be sure. They are either blue or red only from what I remember.

OP
OP
LETHAL

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Ok. That makes sense. Also, can you get the upgraded 6 piston brembo calipers front and 4 rear and brake lines on a non PP car? I think we saw one car optioned like that but I can’t be sure. They are either blue or red only from what I remember.
Far as I know, the $1600 option can get you the PP brakes on a non PP car.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Yes, you can get the six-piston brake kit as a standalone option.

The option is $1700 and comes with the red calipers. Blue calipers are optional for an extra $500. Black calipers appear to only be available with the performance pack.

rubbertoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Can you get the pp option brakes put on at a dealer after you have bought a base gt?
Sponsored